Chapter 26

Jason's pov

"You may kiss the bride." I smile and grip her waist. "Love you baby." After we kiss on the altar, everyone cheers and our two little girls run up the aisle to us. I hug them both. Instead of a honeymoon, we're going on vacation since I don't wanna leave the girls. We head to the Bahamas. It's also my oldest's birthday in a few days. We got separate hotel rooms for privacy and I go to the girls' room to get them for dinner and they're playing would you rather. I laugh quietly and walk in. "Hey girls, we're going to dinner." "We're comin'."

*after the vacation*

"Ugh I can't believe you're eighteen." I mumble sitting down beside her. She smiles. "You're not gonna cry are you?" I laugh. "What? Me cry? You're crazy!" She hugs me, catching me off guard. I smile. "I love you dad." "I love you too princess." Justin walks in. "Oh uh Justin is gonna take me out for my birthday." She says, walking over to him. "Have fun, hun." "Don't wait up." She says, making me smile. She goes with Justin and I go to Sierra's room. She was talking on the phone and laughing. "That Michael?" I ask, closing the door. She smiles and nods. "His parents are going away for the weekend so he was gonna invite me over. If that's okay?" "Sure but you know the rules. Don't do nothin' you wouldn't do with me sitting in the same room." She laughs. "We're thirteen dad. We'll probably just watch some movies and and eat popcorn."

*later*

I was fixing a sandwich when I hear footsteps. I smile. "The kids are out of the house." She says. "Ugh don't remind me." I say, sighing. "Aw you're upset the kids are getting older." "Yeah, I don't like it." She wraps her hands around my shirt collar. "I'm sure I can make it better." I smile. "I'm sure you can." I grab a beer and she does too.

Miranda's pov

I take a nap, my head in Justin's lap. His phone rings. "Hello?" I reclose my eyes. "Who is this?" I hear a girl's voice. I hear eighteenth birthday. I sit up. "Who's on the phone?" He hands it to me. "Hey sweety." I almost drop the phone. It's my ex mom. "W-What do you want?" "T-To wish you a happy birthday." She mumbles shakily. "Why? I th-thought you h-hated me?" I whimper standing up. "I..... I'm sorry..... I'm so sorry how we treated you..... Will you ever forgive me?" She gasps, crying. I'm so freaked out. "I wanna know why?" I say. I hear someone tell her to get off. "Wait! I need to talk to my daughter!" She cries sounding panicked. "I'm sorry honey. They're making me get off. I do love you. I'm so sorry. I really am." The phone goes dead and falls from my hand.

Jason's pov

The door slams open and closed downstairs. Uh oh. I wonder what that was all about. I walk downstairs and Miranda and Justin are talking and she's crying. "Sweetheart, what's wrong?" I ask, walking downstairs. She turns around. "My mom called. Begging for forgiveness. Saying she was sorry and all. I am so confused! I grew up her hating me! Why did she change?!" I run over and hug her. She didn't. I bet she's doing this so she can get out of jail. I get on my knees in front of her. "Don't buy into it. She's trying to trick you into bailing her out. It's bull." "How do you know?! What if she really does care?!" I fight back the tears and hug her. "I don't know. I just I don't wanna see you hurt again hun." "What do I do?" I don't know what to tell her. Instead I go back upstairs and tell Brittany everything. "I have no idea what to tell her." I say, worried. "Don't. I wouldn't take the chance." I smile and nod in agreement. "She's been hurt enough by them. And we're perfectly happy without her." Brittany smiles and kisses my cheek. "You know what's right." She says. I nod and go back downstairs. She was crying on the couch with Justin trying to comfort her. "Give us a second, Justin." He nods and goes to the other room. I sit beside her. "What are we gonna do, dad?" I hug her. "We're not gonna do nothin'. Just forget about her. That other woman ain't your mom just like that other guy wasn't your dad." "Yeah. Britt's my mom." I smile. "She sure is kiddo. You okay now?" She nods. "Goodnight daddy." I smile and kiss her head. "Goodnight princess. She says goodbye to Justin and he leaves then she goes to bed and so do I knowing nothing will go wrong. And that bitch locked up in prison will never get a hold of my little girl.