Chapter 7

Miranda's pov

Dad threw a BBQ with all his friends so I timidly walk out. All these people I don't know. It freaks me out. Well I know Luke and Blake but that's it. My eyes land on the treehouse. It sends shivers down my spine. "Quit staring at her like that!" I jump in my shoes. "What do you mean?" I ask the young girl behind me. "Just go away and leave us alone." My hands are shaking. "Us?" She pushes me and runs to the treehouse.

Jason's pov

"Hey Jay your kids are getting into a squabble over here." Luke calls. I look up from the grill confused. I thought they were friends now. I see Sierra push her and run to the treehouse. Uh oh. I better figure this out. "Take over for me will ya." Eric takes the spatula and I walk over. "What's going on?" She jumps slightly. "I don't know. I was standing here when she yelled at me not to look at someone and I don't know who she's talking about. Then she said go away and leave us alone! Who's she talking about?!" Ugh. Sierra's falling back into her crazy mom is still here thing. "I'll go see what's up." I start to walk to the treehouse but she grabs my arm. "You can't go up there!" "Why not?" "I think it's haunted." She gasps. Um.... "No it's not silly." I walk up the steps to the treehouse. "Sierra are you oka-" My jaw drops when I see it. The treehouse is haunted. Sierra is talking to a ghost. The ghost of my dead wife, Jessica.