Chapter 15

Jason's pov

I promised Jess I'd find a motherly figure for the girls so I went to a bar to find a girl. This is so hard. I don't like the idea of this. Luke's babysitting the girls for me. I text him asking how it's going then a blonde woman sits beside me. "What ya doin'?" "Checkin' on my girls back home." I say, smiling. She orders a Coors light. I set my phone down. "What's your name, ma'am?" She smiles and cracks it open with her bare hands. "Brittany. And you?" "Jason." I stare at the bar's surface after that. It's super awkward. She downs her drink and stands up. "Wait!" I gasp, grabbing her hand. She stops. "What's up?" "I uh... Ya wanna dance?" She smiles. "If there's anything cuter than a nervous cowboy." She says, laughing. My face gets redder. Some slow song I don't recognize is playing. "Are you alright?" She asks. I sigh. "No! This is really hard for me to do." I mumble, letting go of her hands. "Jason, what's wrong?" "I haven't gone out since my wife died several years back. And I..... This is so difficult for me." "Well you picked the right girl. I'm not a big fan of long relationships either." My eyes go wide. "No wait, Brittany that is not what I was meaning." She raises an eyebrow. "I'm looking for a companion and a motherly figure for my girls. See my two daughters are my whole world.... And they're growing up so fast.... Without their mom and I don't want them to do that..... Plus Sierra my youngest just misses her mom to death." "Whoa, Jason, slow down." She gasps. "Sorry I'm a bit of a ramblin' man." She smiles. "I think it's wonderful how much you care for your girls. And let's just take it slow and see where it goes okay?" I shakily nod, nervous out of my mind. She slips a hand in mine and pulls my hand to where it's on her side. Oh man! A new song starts up and my eyes go wide realizing it's my and Kelly's duet don't you wanna stay. "Wait this sounds like you." She says. "It is me. This is a song I perform occasionally." "Oh you're a performer?" I nod. "I just got into town, I don't know much." I smile. "I could show you around a bit." She smiles and leans in close, next to my ear. "I think I'd like that." She whispers, then kisses my lips. My eyes go wide shocked then my instincts kick in and my hands grip tighty to her hips.

*later*

Miranda's pov

Dad gets home. "And last but not least, my house." I'm surprised to see a blonde woman behind him. "Hey dad, who's your friend?" I ask, sitting up. Luke walks out of the kitchen with Sierra on his heels. "Um Brittany, I'd like you to meet the two most important people in my life." "Ahem." Luke says. Dad rolls his eyes. "And there's Luke. Anyways, my daughters, Sierra and Miranda." I smile and stand up. "Pleased to meet you ma'am." I say, smiling. We shake hands. "You have such beautiful little girls." She says. "Thanks." Me and dad say at the same time. We both laugh.

*later*

Jason's pov

I tuck the girls in. Sierra grabs my hand when I was about to get up. "She's not gonna replace mama right?" She whispers, shocking me. "No. Of course not baby. Nobody will ever replace mama. I promise." I say, kissing her forehead. I turn the light off. "Goodnight girls." I go to my room where I change into a night shirt. Brittany calls my name downstairs. "Ya wanna watch some movies?" She asks. I smile and nod. We sit on the couch, her legs curled under her and her head on my chest. It was weird at first..... But..... Now..... It feels good.

Miranda's pov

"What do you think of Brittany?" Sierra asks, staring at the ceiling. "I like her. She's pretty and nice." I say, smiling. She looks over at me from across the room. She sits up. "Ever since you came into the picture, everything has been getting different." Uh oh. She walks over and sits in my bed next to me. "I'm glad too. I was so lonely before." I'm caught off guard by that. I thought she was gonna say something about hating me or getting rid of me. I hug her. "I'm sure glad I have a sister. I don't talk much about before but..... Before your dad adopted me, I thought I was gonna die. I thought the life I lived was because I was a bad kid." Her eyes go wide. "Don't ever think that. Your parents were evil. There was nothing wrong with you." She says, bringing tears to my eyes. We hug again and cry somewhat. "Can I..... Lay with you?" She asks. I nod.

*the next day*

Jason's pov

Me and Brittany really hit it off. I'm glad I met her. She's great with the girls and just so..... What's the word? She's perfect for me. I don't know how to describe it but I'm lucky to have found her in that bar. I look down at my arm and the idea of getting a tattoo there comes back to me. I serve my family breakfast, kissing my girls' heads then I sketch my idea for the tattoo. I smilingly glance at them. They're laughing and talking over French toast, eggs, and bacon. Brittany fills Sierra's orange juice cup back up. "I'm doing it baby girl. I'm doing it for you." I whisper, smiling at my beautiful family.

*later*

Brittany wants to come with me when I get my tattoo. The girls are gonna go to Luke's show downtown. "You keep an eye on them buddy. I'm trusting you with my greatest gifts." He smiles. "I babysit all the time, they're in good hands." He says. I nod and we go to the tattoo place. Brittany smiles in the doorway. "I think the girls are gonna love it." I smile. "I love my girls." I look up at her since she walks over. "All three of them." She smiles and kisses me. Then I hear the whirr of the needle and the pain of a tattoo.

*later*

Oh man, these things sure hurt. "I'm gonna be sore for a while." I mutter, holding my new girlfriend's hand. "Thanks, man." I say, paying the tattoo artist. "It looks great." He nods in reply and I get to Luke's show. He was singing drunk ass home. He finished that song. "Oh hey look my best buddy, Jason Aldean!" He shouts into the mic. I roll my eyes. "Howdy folks." I step back. "Luke where are the girls?" "The what?" I make hand signals to the band telling them to cut it out. "The girls, Luke, where are my daughters?" "Oh backstage." I nod and wave to the crowd. I get backstage and Sierra was laying upside down on the couch and laughing, while Miranda was making funny faces and doing some sort of dance. "What are you silly girls doing?" They look over. "DAD!" They both shout, running over. I smile. They hug me, bumping my very sore arm. "Careful, girls, my arm's a little sore." "Why?" Sierra asks confused. I smile. "I got a new tattoo." I turn my arm over and show them the cross with both their names on it in a circle and in between the girls' names is Jess's name. "Oh daddy, I love it!" Sierra gasps. "It's beautiful." Miranda says, smiling. "I love you two so much." I say, getting on one knee and hugging them both. And you too Jess. I'll love you forever.