Chapter 13

Jason's pov

Miranda's pacing back and forth close to freaking out. "Sweetheart, just calm down and take a deep breath. This is a good thing!" "I-I don't think I can do it! How can I sing with the band I looked up to for years? I'll end up freezing up! I know I will!" I bite my lip worriedly. I bend down on one knee to look her in the eyes. "That won't happen." "How?" "Cause you can do it. You're brave. You've faced things way tougher than singing in front of people. I know you can do this." "B-But how?" She whimpers tearing up. I smile and place my hands on her shoulders. "Cause you're an Aldean. And we don't get scared about stuff. We take it by the horns and ride the bucking bull to the championship!" She gives me a confused look. "Ok that was a little confusing. Rodeo talk darlin' but you get what I'm sayin'?" "I... Think so." I smile. "Good. Then let's get you a dress for the awards."

*later*

"Daddy never took me to the awards." I poke my head in their room. Sierra is crying on her bed. Uh oh. "I knew it. He loves her more! That's why he's taking her!" Crap! I have been spending an awful lot of time with Miranda! Poor Sierra feels left out! I open the door. "Sierra that's not true, sweetheart, I love you too!" I sit beside her on the bed but she stands up and leans against the wall. "Please baby girl, believe me. I love you. What can I do to prove that to you?" "Take me to the awards instead!" She whines. "Darlin' I'm not taking her. She's coming cause she's up for an award and she's performing. You wanna come as my plus one?" "Yeah." I smile. "Come here hun." She walks over and I hold her in my lap. "I love you with all my heart. You know that." She runs a finger over my necklace. Well Jess's necklace. I never take it off. "We have to get you a new dress too." She smiles. "We're going shopping?" I nod. She gets ready to go and I go downstairs. Miranda was pouring cereal. "Hey sweetheart, Sierra is gonna be my plus one. So you're gonna go by yourself on the red carpet." Her eyes go wide. "By myself?" I nod. "Can I invite a plus one too?" I scratch my head confused. "Like who?" She smiles. "There's a boy here in town that kinda likes me." My eyes go wide. "Absolutely not. No boys til you're thirty or I'm dead whichever comes first." "Aww! Dad ya can't be serious?!" She cries. "I may be exaggerating a little but no boys. And I mean it!" "Fine. I could take Carly. I met her at school." "As long as she's a girl."

Miranda's pov

*the next day*

Bruce the boy I was talking about yesterday meets me at the doors to the school. "There's my little superstar." He says, kissing me. I'm so glad to see this blonde devil. "Ugh my dad won't let me take a boy with me on the red carpet." I say, unhappy about it. He sighs. "Overprotective daddy huh?" I sigh and nod. "I'd say sneak in but he'd know since he sees the red carpet and he'll be sitting near me." "It's okay sweet girl, I can sit this one out." "I'm so sorry Bruce." I say sighing sadly. He kisses me again.

Brantley's pov

Whoa! My son is dating Jason's daughter!? I doubt Jason knows. I take a few pictures of them and I drive to Jason's house.

Jason's pov

I was trying to decide what suit to wear to the awards. "Ugh Jess you always helped me with this. I've got no fashion sense." I mumble sighing and missing my wife more than life. I feel a hand on my shoulder then the blue suit falls off the rack. "Jess? Is that you? Tryin' to tell me somethin'?" I pick the blue one up. I guess that's what I'm going with. Miranda's gonna wear a gold one strap dress with a white belt thing. Sierra is gonna wear a teal knee length dress with little flowers on it. I hear a motorcycle in the yard. Brantley. I look out the window at the wild biker dude. "Hey B, you ditchin' the awards like last year?" He doesn't look happy though. I go downstairs. "What's up?" "Did you know Miranda and Bruce were dating?" My eyes go wide and I fall against the doorframe. He laughs. "Brantley do not fuck with me like that!" I gasp, trying to stop my pounding heart. "Dude I ain't kiddin' I just thought your reaction was hilarious. No I've got pictures, they were kissing!" Oh no! "I told her no boys!" I gasp, snatching his phone. Sure enough the proof is in the pictures. She's in so much trouble when she gets home.