New Home?

The first thing I became aware of when I came to was sand...lots of sand....in my mouth. "Blech! God!" I spit out my mouth full of sand and sat up, looking around. I was covered in sand...WHY WAS THERE SO MUCH SAND! Memory flooded back to me. I remember running for days in the desert because I got lost in a sand storm. I looked up to see what time it was by the position of the sun, but, "AHHH! THE SUN! IT BURNS!"  Deciding I didn't want to stay seated any longer I stood up and stretched. Unfortunately, gravity had different ideas. As I leaned back, I felt like an invisible force pull me back, and I went tumbling down the hill that I had been perched on.

"Well, the only thing left to do now. is travel onward, right?"I thought as I rolled more and more down the hill. When I finally stopped rolling, for a moment I just laid there, praying that fate would be nice enough to let my life not get any worse. When I lifted my head, I couldn't tell whether fate was cruel or saintly. There, in front of me was a street with a large palace in the back. I was staring down the street of a town.

I looked down the street. Might as well find something to eat and drink in this place. I took a step into the town. I walked a good 15 minutes before I saw anyone else. That was when I reached the market place. People stared at me as I passed. At first I wondered why. But then, glancing down at my Gypsy clothes, I didn't really wonder anymore. I think I may need some different clothes. I went down the empty alleyway. A body landed in front of me. The person stood up straight from the jump and there, standing in front of me, was a tall boy in torn up beige pants and a purple vest, with a monkey on his shoulder.

He cocked his head, curiously at me. "Where is that street rat!?!" One voice said, "I saw him jump into that ally!" another called. I looked to where the voices came from and saw guards coming up the street, and heading strait for us. "Oh man!" I looked over to see the man panicking. the monkey was now on the ground beside him, hopping up and down and making very freaked out noises. I looked around frantically and spotted a blanket that lay abandoned blanket in the corner. I grabbed the man by the arm and shoved him and the monkey on the ground (despite their objections) and covered them with the blanket until they were no longer visible.

Then, I positioned my self kneeling on the ground in front of them. I started to realistically fake crying. I cried as loudly as I could as the guards stepped into the ally. "What's going on here?" the head one demanded of me. "Please, sir." I said sweetly. "My dog has just died and he was so sweet. *sobs* I'm just mourning his death..." I let some fake sobs out again, "OH, SPARKY!!!!!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE SO YOUNG!? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" I threw myself dramatically on top of the lump that was Aladdin and Abu. I heard them let out a grunt and I covered my laughter with more sobbing.

"Uh...We're sorry...We thought we saw a...never mind. Men! Move out!" I kept sobbing a few more moments after they had left, to make sure they were out of ear shot. When I was sure they were, I sat up and pulled the blanket off of Aladdin and Abu. I smiled at them. "Sorry, boys. I had to make it convincing." I told them, "That's...okay. Thanks for helping us!" I stood up and helped the man up to his feet. "Is there anyway I can thank you?" the man asked, "Well, you see..." I started. "I'm not from around here and I kinda got abandoned...with no money...Do you have any idea where I could stay for a while?" the man looked down at in thought. the monkey nodded his head vigorously as if to say 'Let's do it.'

"Well...You could always stay with Abu and me. We don't have much, but...it's still better than staying out here." The man said, "You would do that?" I asked, "Sure! I mean, you helped us, so it's only fair we help you." The an was kind i'd give him that, "Well, thanks. That's really sweet." I answered. "Yeah, but I'll only stay as long as I need to." I explained, "No need! Stay as long as you like. As long as you help me and Abu with our...ahem...business..." 

I laughed and Aladdin soon joined me. "Okay! Lead the way!" I said. We started walking to his hideout home, every now and again dodging the guards. "By the way, I'm Aladdin. And this is Abu." Abu made a noise that sounded something like a 'hello' and climbed up on my shoulder.

"My names Besnik." With our introductions made, Aladdin, Abu, and I all climbed up the ladder into Aladdin's home and into my new life. I hope it will be ok from here on out, but I doubt it will. With me around nothing goes quite well.