Thoughts

I went back to my room, Abu is....Somewhere, I didn't go looking for him. He's fine. I went in and headed straight for the window sill.

  'But palace life isn't my thing. I can't just sit and have everyone wait on me hand and foot. I NEED to be doing something. I might learn some of that Arabian art I see everywhere, just to keep me occupied, but still, I'll get restless. I love being a street rat. The thrill of working a job, hoping you don't get caught. And nothing is better than the feeling of pulling off a job without a hitch...except maybe a full stomach, that's the one thing I don't like about being a street rat. Seeing the sights, traveling. Being free.' I thought. I needed to think about all this, to know if I really want it.  

"I don't know if You can hear me
Or if You're even there
I don't know if You would listen
To a gypsie's prayer
Yes, I know I'm just an outcast
I shouldn't speak to you
Still I see Your face and wonder...
Were You once an outcast too?"

I looked into the night sky, it is more clear out here than in any city that I know of.

"God help the outcasts
Hungry from birth
Show them the mercy
They don't find on earth
God help my people
We look to You still
God help the outcasts
Or nobody will"

  I then to look at Jasmine's balcony. I was just in time to see our brother and the princess share a nice big smooch.  

"They ask for wealth
They ask for fame
They ask for glory to shine on Their name
They ask for love They can posses
They ask for God and His angels to bless Them

I blew out a mouth full of air and walked over to the couch.

"I ask for nothing
I can get by
But I know so many
Less lucky than I
Please help my people
The poor and down trod
I thought we all were
The children of God
God help the outcasts
Children of God"

 I sat down on the floor and leaned back on the couch. I went to thinking about my 'Family', then Carpet, then...Genie. I sighed.

'I don't know how to describe it. When I look at him I feel...happy. I feel like all the pain and anguish I've felt in the past could all just melt away. And when he talks to me, or pays special attention to me, or tries to make me laugh... I feel my heart jump into my throat and my stomach does an Irish jig.' I thought, "Wow...was that a cheesy monologue or what?" I asked myself.

'Not only cheesy, it was the most clichéd thing I've heard since I've been here. But, that could be a good sign: he makes you feel safe and comfortable. Do you notice anything about the way he looks at you?' I soon questioned myself.

"Intensity. He looks at me with intensity. Yes, it is awkward. He hasn't seen a decent looking girl in who knows how long? (or in my case a guy.) So of course he's not going to know what to do, but I can tell that he really likes me and wants to earn my affections, but isn't sure how to do it." I thought maybe that's it, he seems happy with me around...or...It's just toward everyone. I sighed and got up to go take a walk. I need one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moment I was out in the garden I felt something off, and kicked who was behind me. Guards?! I defended my self as much as I could knocking out a good 18 before getting dog piled on by 6. I knocked out 3 of them but the rest got a grip on me and knocked me out. I whole world was black, or at least grey since I was still partly consonance. I saw Aladdin get the same treatment, and Carpet, and Abu too. I then saw Jafar as I was being dragged over, I then slipped into darkness.

The moment I felt water was when I woke up, I saw Aladdin in front of me. We were chained to a metal ball that weighted us down, I saw his turban with the lamp. I tried swimming over to get it, Aladdin noticed what I was after and went for it also. I soon felt tried and float down to the ocean sand, I saw Aladdin give out as well. I moved some sand with my hands and felt the lamp in my grasp. I quickly rubbed it, and out popped Genie.

"Ever fails, you get in the bath and theirs a rub at the lamp." Genie said with a pink cap and back brush, and squeaked his rubber ducky. I would have laughed if not in this situation. "Hello? Ali?" He gasped, my vision was fading fast but I held on a bit. I mumbled something and held the lamp tight, it was a life ring to me. "Besnik! Al! Kids! Snap out of it!" Genie shook Aladdin first then looked at me who was still laying in the sand, I tried to push up and got a little floating going on. Genie wrapped a hand around me to keep me steady and awake a little longer. "Oh, you can't cheat on this one! You have to say Genie I want you to save our lives! Got it?! Ok? Come on Aladdin!" Genie shook him and his head went up then down. "I'll take that as a yes." Genie said before turning into a submarine, picking us up and blasting out of the water.

Aladdin was coughing and I was gasping for air, I felt Genie's giant hand on my back. I gripped his lamp to my chest harder thanking he was in Aladdin's hat. "Don't you two scare me like that." I heard him say, "Genie, I. Uh." Aladdin started but couldn't get words out, they hugged instead. I got up and squeezed into Genie's arm to hug the both of them. "Thanks Genie." I finished what Aladdin was trying to say. "Oh Besnik, Al." He picked up Aladdin and was placed on his shoulders, as I was picked up Bridal style. "I'm kinda fond of you kids." I gave the lamp back to Aladdin, before we flew off back to the palace. "Not that I wanna pick out curtains or anything." I chuckled at that, and leaned my head on his chest hopping he wouldn't mind.