Feast Of Fools

(Happy Topsy-Turvy Day! 6th of January... Forgot to update this that day...)

I was leaning on the balcony as I looked up at the full moon, shining brightly. My hellfire red and glittery purple sash sparkled lightly of its own accord and I let out a deep sigh. 

"I miss you, love." I whispered.

"I missed you, too."  A voice said back, I jumped and turned around quickly to see Genie, standing in front of me and holding out his arms.

"Genie!" I squeaked in happiness as I ran into his open arms. He rapped me in a tight embrace. "I'm here now, sweetheart," he whispered, using his pet name for me. I smiled and asked "When did you get back?"

"Just now," he answered, "But I wanted to see you before anyone else."

"Oh Genie," I sighed once more and leaned in to kiss him. All of the sudden he stopped.

"Besnik?" Genie questioned me. ...Why does Genie sound like Jasmine?

"BESNIK?!"

"WHA--!"

I jumped about three feet in the air off of Jasmine's bed and clutched my pounding heart, the purple material slipping lightly in my hands. The aforementioned princess was sitting at her vanity, laughing at my grace...or lack there of.

After I managed to get my breathing back to normal, I looked at her and raised a brow at her laughing. "Was there something you wanted?"

She reduced her laughing to giggling and answered me.

"Well you staring at the wall, :giggle: not blinking or moving for a full five minutes. :giggle: I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

My cheeks flushed and I looked down at the finished outfit in my hands. When the giggling had completely stopped, Jasmine addressed me again.

"You were thinking of Genie again, weren't you?" I looked back up at her, the blush finally fading from my cheeks. "Can you blame me for day dreaming? The love of my life has been gone for half a year!"

Jasmine laughed good naturedly at me as I threw myself dramatically to a lying position on her bed. "I can't wait to see him again..." Jasmine smiled and kneeled beside me. "I'm sure he misses you just as much as you miss him, Besnik. He'll be back soon."

I smiled lightly and pushed myself up to a sitting position. "Thanks, Jas." Her smile widened at the nickname I gave her. "No problem." I stood up and she stood with me. I handed her the outfit that I had made for her. "Here, make sure this looks the way you want it to." She took the outfit and went behind her changing screen.

While Jasmine changed, I walked over and stood in front of the vanity mirror, looking at my own reflection. I surveyed myself from the top down. long, curly, black hair. Slightly tanned, oval face with aqua eyes.

A full figure that was still skinny but not undernourished. Covering it was a light blue, strapless top and pants that was blue with a green ivy design. Barefooted since I haven't gotten out of the palace today.

"Not bad, I guess..." I sighed lightly. I left the place at the vanity and kneeled next to Rajah, who was lying in front of the changing screen, and started petting him. He responded to my caresses and purred. I really did adore Rajah. He was just a big kitten.

"Well?"

I looked up as Jasmine showed me the outfit I had just finished for her.

(It was the same outfit that she wore in the second movie during the dinner scene)

Her traditional Arabian pants had a decorative skirt-like attachment hanging around her waist and connecting to the pants by a dark blue jewel under her naval. Her midriff was exposed, as normal. Her shirt was still off the shoulder, but the sleeves were long and puffy, came to a cuff at her wrist. The dominant color of the ensemble was a light shade of purple, and it was trimmed in white.

The seamstresses of the palace had started the outfit. It originally looked just like her blue one, only a different color. She brought the outfit to me and asked if I could alter it a bit to make it look different.

I complied. I added the skirt, the sleeves, and the white trim.

"It looks great on you." I said after a second. "Do you like?"

"It feels amazing and I love the accents you put on it. Thank you so much, Besnik." I smiled and stood as the princess came over and hugged me. "It was my pleasure Jasmine. NOW can I know what the outfit is for?"

She laughed lightly at me. "Well...I guess I can tell you. But you must PROMISE not to tell Aladdin." I raised a brow. "Oooookay?" I said, unsure. Jasmine took my hands excitedly. "Father is going to make Aladdin his new royal vizier!"

I let out an excited squeak.

"I know! Isn't it great? Well, I'm going to get out of this so it doesn't get sweaty before dinner tonight." Jasmine said as she disappeared behind the screen again.

I walked to the doorway of the balcony, Rajah following beside me. Oh, it was great alright. Aladdin is gonna freak.

I looked out into the distance and saw a certain flying rug with Aladdin on it. I smiled as I watched Aladdin stand on his own feet when Carpet actually landed.

Just then Rajah started growling playfully and started inching towards Aladdin. "Easy there, Rajah...Remember me? Aladdin?" Aladdin backed up nervously and Rajah took that time to jump him.

When Aladdin was pinned and thoroughly licked did I decide to make my presence known. I walked over to him. "How'd it go?"

"Good. Always good when you need a break from the palace right?" Aladdin asked scratching Rajah on the head. "Yeah." I agreed. I should clean up before dinner since it's going to be an important one.

"Dinner is going to be for a while, I'm going to take a nap before hand, see yeah later Bro." I said walking to my room, as Aladdin just waved and gave Rajah his undivided attention, while I saw carpet follow me.

I then went through my wardrobe and smiled as I finally found the outfit I was looking for. It was the one Genie had made for me when he transformed Aladdin into 'Prince Ali'.

Carpet tapped me on the shoulder with his tassels, "Don't tell Aladdin but today's dinner is going to be important. Promise you'll keep it a secret?" I asked Carpet as he nodded as best he could do. Carpet even taught me his and Genies handshake they did back in the Cave of Wonder.

"Good. So, I'm gonna head to the bathroom and take a long, hot bath... would you like to join, being in the desert might have gotten you dusty.." I teased and went off to go draw a bath.

Carpet following along.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out here in the fields of the distance
whither the wind blows the silence further afield;
roughhewn footprints show a windswept pathway
from whence feral feet lightly trod .

Only the passing whispers chase after the gypsy wind:
that the silence be in quire, placed aloft like a sigh,
pealing through the gentle sway of sweet grass' hush.

The callused patience still held in these hands
is frayed and tattered, but hope heals stronger
than a ream of paper wings to fly away.

And I'm mindful I'm not alone again, lost in
a lingering silent storm — pensively listening —
enraptured aneath all the big skies hold.

"We're almost there... We're coming for you Besnik."