A Gypsy's Wish

" You little geniuses you!" Genie exclaimed, poofing next to us and ruffling Aladdin's hair. Seeing as Jafar was now trapped in his lamp, his magic started to dissipate. Abu was turned back to normal, Carpet was re-weaved, the Sultan, Jasmine, and Rajah were all restored to normal.  "So...we're good?" Aladdin asked. "Well, I guess you're forgiven." I said, "I can't be mad at you forever."

"Could've fooled me." Just then, noises started coming out of Jafar's lamp, which was in Aladdin's hand. "Get your blasted beak out of my face!" "Oh, shut up, you moron!" "Don't tell me to shut up!"

I sighed and rubbed my temples. "They're giving me a head ache." "Allow me." I jumped a bit and saw Genie smiling at me before approaching the Aladdin. He took the lamp from Aladdin's hands and grew to a huge size, now wearing a baseball cap. "Ten- thousand years in a Cave of Wonders ought to chill him out!" He wound his arm up and looked ready to pitch, but instead he flicked the lamp. Regardless, he still sent it flying out into the horizon. Jasmine came up on the other side of Aladdin and I took a few steps back. not wanting to be in their space during such a personal moment. I leaned on the railing next to where Carpet was sitting. Aladdin turned to her. "Jasmine, I'm sorry I lied to you about being a prince."

"I know why you did." Jasmine replied, taking his hands. "Well, I guess...this... is goodbye?" I heard movement behind me and I turned to see Genie, poking his head out from behind the corner with tears slightly leaking out of his eyes. It broke my heart to see him in such a state that I almost started crying, too. "Oh, that stupid law," Jasmine said, breaking me out of my thoughts. "This isn't fair--I love you."

"Al, no problem. You've still got one wish left." We all looked up at Genie in slight confusion. "Just say the word and you're a prince again."

"But Genie, what about your freedom?" Aladdin asked. "Hey, it's only an eternity of servitude." Genie shrugged, trying to make what we all knew was a private hell not seem as bad. "This is love." Genie pushed Jasmine and Aladdin together, then shrunk down to our size and stood next to Jasmine. "Al, you're not gonna find another girl like her in a million years." He then moved next to Aladdin and semi-mumbled, "Believe me, I know. I've looked." I felt my heart tighten in my chest as he looked at me with longing over my brother's shoulder. "Jasmine, I do love you," Aladdin started, "but I've got to stop pretending to be something I'm not."

"I understand." Jasmine answered. Something in my heart told me she really did. He turned and addressed the Sultan.

"Your highness; with all do respect, these two are the most regal, loyal, and kind of anybody I have ever met. Whether or not they have the pedigree, they are TRUE royalty in my eyes." The Sultan nodded his head determinedly. "That's right. You've certainly proven your worth as far as I'm concerned." The Sultan first addressed me. "You as strong and loyal brother and friend." He then addressed Aladdin. "And you, my boy, as a brother and a man." The Sultan walked next to Jasmine and gave a thoughtful look. "It's that law that's the problem."

"Father?" Jasmine asked. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Well, am I Sultan or am I Sultan? From this day forth, the princess shall marry whomever she deems worthy," the Sultan decreed. Jasmine smiled widely and then ran into Aladdin's arms. He lifted her up and spun her around. "Him! I choose..." As he lowered her down Jasmine snuggled herself deeper into my brother's arms."I choose you, Aladdin." Aladdin laughed lightly. "Heh...Call me Al."

"Now Al, since your not going to be using this." I said grabbing the lamp and walked over to Genie, "I'll use the last wish to fulfill mine. And my wish is." I stopped in front of Genie, "Genie, I wish for your freedom." I said smiling holding out the lamp. I knew He couldn't believe what he was hearing. So, I repeated myself. "Genie...you're free." I held up the Lamp and it levitated into a swirl of color and sparkles around Genie. After the magic enveloped Genie, there was a huge flash. Genie's shackles disintegrated into dust and his lamp fell with a clatter at my feet. I picked it up and looked at it for am moment before offering it up to Genie. He took it from me and looked at it in disbelief.