Abandoned

After having a good, long smooch, Aladdin and Jasmine came over to where we were. Genie still, much to my pleasure, had his arm around me and Iago was perched. Carpet floated looking pleased. Jasmine gave Iago a quick scratch under the chin and then turned to Aladdin.

He looked down guiltily. "I'm sorry, Jasmine." She put her finger to his lips as if to say 'don't worry about it' and then they leaned in for another kiss.

"Ah...Love." Genie sighed out. "Don't mind us." This is when Aladdin noticed that none of us had moved, or seemed to have any intention of moving.

He cleared his throat. "Yes, well, this is sort of a special moment." Genie took his arm away from me and flew over to Aladdin. "Right! Got it. Say no more. Roger, over and out!" Genie reassured and winked at Aladdin.

Now, in an ideal world, he would've taken the hint and flown over to me and offered to have the same sort of 'special moment' with me.

But of course, fate is cruel.

Instead, Genie poofed up a shit load of recording material and started to FILM Jasmine and Aladdin. "Rolling!" he exclaimed as he shined a bright stage light in their face. "Today's moments are tomorrow's memories."

I rolled my eyes in frustration and slapped a hand to my forehead. Genie flew up close to the couple and shoved the camera in their faces. "Lookin' great, Jas," he commented, as he floated around them. "More emotion, Al. Tilt your chin a bit."

"WHAT DO THEY HAVE TO DO TO GET IT THROUGH TO YOU PEOPLE?" Iago yelled, getting in front of the cameras. "The show's OVER!" As Iago started shooing everyone away from Aladdin and Jasmine, I muttered under my breath. "I never thought I would be grateful for that little loudmouth."

I was about to walk away when Iago popped up in front of me. "Hey! That means you too!!" I just nodded at him, "Fine by me." I mumbled as I made my way towards Genie out side. As I got closer to Genie, I felt my hope rise. After all, he had made some romantic gestures towards me during the song. That had to be a good thing.

I got within two feet of him and I reached out. I touched his shoulder, causing him to stop. "Hey, Genie." I greeted as I came around to stand in front of him.

"Oh, uh...Hey sweetheart," he replied, not making eye contact. For a few moments, neither of us said anything. Finally, I decided that if he wasn't going to make a move, I could at least help him along.

"So....It's your first night back..." I edged closer to him and looked in his eyes flirtatiously. "Y-y-yeah, it is..." he said, backing up a little and still not looking at me. 'Fine', I thought to myself, 'if he wants to play cat and mouse, I'm all up for it for now.'

"I was thinking...it could be fun if we went for a walk or something." I walked closer to him and wrapped my arms around his neck romantically. "I might even be talked into a flight."

I would like to note that while this is all going on, Genie had not made one move to respond to my affections. I tried not to let it get to me. He was probably nervous about seeing me again. I mean, we HAD been apart for half a year. I just needed to remind him that I loved him, and that it was okay for him to show affection towards me. He looked down at me, confused.

"But, Besnik," he said, "I don't think that's a good idea, I might go up to high."

All flirtation had left me and I was now just happy to be holding him again. I laid my head on his chest and replied, "As long as you're there to hold me, I don't care how high we go." Cheesy, I know...but I meant every word of it.

All I cared about is this being...

this man in my arms and how much he means to me.

With that in mind, one can imagine how my heart shattered when he pulled himself out of my arms and put a good five feet between us, saying: "Oh my! Look at the time! Sorry, Besnik, it's past my bedtime, I gotta split!" and then poofing away entirely, leaving me alone in the garden.

I stood there a moment, in shock. But when I felt a cool, Arabian breeze on my shoulders, I knew that Genie had just abandoned me. I sighed and started to make my way back to the room; not feeling anything, not thinking anything.

When I reached my bedroom, Seeing as I was alone in the room, I did what most hopeless romantic women would do in my situation. I lay down on my bed, buried my face in the pillow, and started crying my eyes out.

He blew me off again. Some of it was probably the PDA, but... I let out a sigh. "I don't know what happened, if I did something wrong or what, but Genie is completely blowing me off." I mumbled to myself. I shook my head, I'll give him time. We were apart for six months when we hadn't even been dating for a day. Of course it's going to be awkward at first. Be patient Besnik.

I rolled over on my back and looked up at the ceiling thoughtfully. I knew it wasn't going to be happiness and rainbows all the time...But, I just...I've waited for this, true love, I mean, for so long...and then, I had it and just like that it was gone again. I felt my heart start aching. I guess I was just so eager to get it back that I didn't expect it to be...awkward for Genie.

Maybe I should give him some space for a day or so. Let him catch up with everyone and get back into the swing of things. He'll come around soon. He still loves me... Right? Nothing has changed that....Right?

I decided to just go to sleep nothing good comes from lying awake thinking.

(I will update tomorrow at some point)