History and a Parade!

I sat on Abu... Do you have any idea how weird that sentence sounds in my ears!?! Anyways, I sat on Abu watching amusedly as Aladdin was currently trying to teach himself how to surf Carpet.

I chuckled when he fell, and hear chuckling next to me. I jumped slightly and turned to see Genie sitting next to me. I smiled and relaxed slightly when I saw who it was. Suddenly, we heard Aladdin let out a yelp. Genie was watching them, slightly dumbstruck with a snicker slipping out of his lips. I just rolled my eyes.

"Is he always like this?" he asked. I pretended like I was thinking for a moment. "Yes." He laughed at my small joke and I joined in. After a few seconds, the laughter died into an awkward silence. I nervously pushed a little piece of hair behind my ears.

"Um...was there something you wanted?" He looked back at me and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "I..uh...I was just wondering...um...what happened to your parents?"

I closed my eyes and heaved a deep breath. I should've known this was coming. "It's a long story." I said. "We have some time." I looked into his eyes and saw genuine concern and curiosity. It touched me. I decided it would be okay if I gave him the 'Aladdin Safe' version...Or at least a bit more.

"Well, My mother was poisoned by Arsenic when she still was having me, my father had to use the cake knife to get me out to save me. after I was two, my father left for two weeks to get a present for me, his 'friend' decided to beat me and torture me till he was home. After that, the night he came back and killed my father in his sleep and tried to burn the house down to kill me. I jumped from a second story window, the town hated me and so they saw the fire and tried going after me. I never even stepped in town, every one hated me. I found out the man was also responsible for my mothers death,...I may have pushed him off a cliff. I then had to live in an mean orphanage for a while till I had it, and left to travel the world. Then we met Aladdin and...well, you know the rest."

Genie took in all that I had said for a bit. He looked at me again. "I had got messed up with other things as well, people who kidnapped me just to try experiments out, use me in a freak show for a long majority though, just because on my flexibility. I was called a freak and was a slave to the circus. I got passed all the horrible things I was in though." I shivered involuntarily in memory.

Genie put a hand lightly on my shoulder. I looked up at him and he looked so...awkward and unsure of himself. He was shifting in his seat and looked so lost. This was unusual. He was...self-consious.

It was cute. I put my hand on his and smiled at him. "Thanks for being concerned." I said. "Hehehe...no problem." Genie replied, laughing nervously.

After a few more moments he jumped up. "Well gotta go! It's almost show time!" And just like, that he was gone.We were moving across the desert by now. 

"Agrabah's coming up! Everyone to places! One minute til' show!" said Genie, appearing as a stage manager. "Thanks Genie." Aladdin said. Genie gave a salute and puffed back down into the front of the line of 'servants' to lead the parade. "Ready, Besnik?" asked Aladdin. "Yep! As I'll ever be." I said, suddenly excited and ready for another song.

As we made our way through the large gate, the drums and music started. Harem girls appeared at our sides and put peacock feathers in front of us. I just rolled my eyes...again. Then they all started singing.

Make way for Prince Ali!

Say hey! It's Prince Ali!

I couldn't see anything! I was not happy about this. I wanted to see the show!

Hey! Clear the way in the old Bazaar

Hey you!

Let us through!