The Road So Far

"Hey, I'm taking Jasmine on a carpet ride. You okay?" I looked up at Aladdin, who was at the door way to my room in the palace. It had been about three weeks since Jafar had been put under Lamp-arrest and Genie had left.

The Sultan had moved Aladdin, and I into the palace. I could tell Aladdin was a little restless. I was even getting a bit bored. We were all used to getting up at sunrise to try and steal our food and then run from the guards all day. It was hard getting used to having NOTHING that we HAD to do. But we were dealing with it in our own distinct ways.

Aladdin was spending more and more time with Jasmine and falling even deeper in love with her. He was also using his new-found freedom from the law to chase down the real bad guys. You know, the guys who steel from those who can't afford it.

I had gotten a hold of some art supplies and was starting to draw again, along with learning the Arabian style that I saw all around. The Sultan admired my work so much, he actually PAID me to do it. The money usually ended up buying some more art supplies and more weapons (not that I needed more of them). I was also spending a lot of time with Carpet. I had perfect the 'Carpet Surfing' technique. Sometimes, I would take off for hours with him and just fly around the desert. I would come back wind beaten and covered in sand, but thoroughly happy.

It was helping me try and...not forget...but limit the time I spend thinking about Genie.

And what was I doing to occupy myself to limit my time?...not much, actually. I spent a good amount of time with Jasmine, when she wasn't with my brother, that is. She was a good person to talk about romance and girlie stuff with. I had also taken to making my own clothes.

Yes, you heard me right. See, one day I was wondering around the palace and I stumbled upon the royal seamstresses. I already knew how to sew. It was one of the few useful things I learned at the orphanage and out on my own. It had been a hobby of mine that I had forgotten about when I had other things to do. But, as I watched the ladies work on the outfits, it sparked up my interest. We got to talking and they showed me how to make the different styles of Arabian clothing. I took what they taught me and added my own flair to it, and the next thing I know. I was making clothes for myself and Al, even Jasmine asked me to make some clothes for her.

But back to the present.

I had been sitting and shooting the breeze in our room when my dear brother knocked on the door. "Of course we're okay." I answered from my place on the floor with black fabric spread out in front of me. I was making another outfit that was more befitting of a wasting some time I had on hand.

"Don't wear Carpet out too much, Al. We have a date tomorrow." I said as Al looked at Carpet. "Alright then, I'll see you later." Aladdin waved to me before Carpet followed him and had shut the door with one of his tassels. "I'm glad things are good between those two." I said as I cut a piece of fabric. Abu nodded my approval. Abu then was soon walking over to me and settled down, he looked worry. "What's wrong?" I asked, Abu made some hand signs, and pointed at the lamp on my night stand. "ah..." I said knowing what Abu asked, "I'm fine. Genie will comeback someday I know that much... I feel like a soldiers wife, waiting for them to get home alright... luckily I don't put tears in a jar, huh Abu?" I said finishing another outfit.

I saw Abu rolled his eyes and make something along the lines as 'What ever you say, Besnik. I don't believe you, when you say you don't put tears in a jar.' I rolled my eyes back at him. "How are you doing Abu? Al not giving you a hard time is he?" I asked as Abu shook his head and made a few signs that would point to, 'Nah, but he and Jasmine still are a cheesy couple.' or something along the lines of that.

"I will agree to that." I said getting up to put the new outfit away. "Let's just hope he doesn't get Jazz mad, or all hell will break loose." I said jokingly as Abu chuckled. "So what would you like to do Abu?" I asked not knowing what else to keep me busy. Abu had a few ideas all pranks and such...

This is going to be fun.

(Okay, I will update again but it will take awhile. Thank you for your patience.)