Be Yourself.

Back and forth...Back and forth...That was Aladdin pacing, by the way. We all sat out in the garden under Jasmine's balcony. Aladdin was, as I've said, pacing and worrying over his audience with the princess. Genie and Carpet were playing chess, as I watched. Abu was trying to eat a banana.

Back and forth...Back and forth..."What am I going to do? Jasmine won't even let me talk to her. I should have known I couldn't pull off this stupid prince wish."

Abu tried for the millionth time to peel a banana and only managed to squirt it in his eye. I soon got up to walk over and peeled one for him and fed it to him. He made a grateful sound and ate it. I then walked over back to the chess game.

"Well, maybe if you talked to her like she was a normal human being instead of a prized dog you would do better." I soon called over at him, He glared at me.

"So move!" Genie said to Carpet.

I turned my head back to watch what happened. Carpet picked up his piece and knocked on of Genie's off the board. "Hey. That's a good move. (As Rodney Dangerfield) I can't believe it--I'm losing to a rug." I laughed quietly at the joke. It caught his attention and he looked at me and smiled.

"Genie, I need help." Aladdin said. Genie poofed next to Aladdin, turning into Jack Nicholson. "All right, sparky, here's the deal. You wanna court the little lady, you gotta be a straight shooter, do ya got it?"

"What?" Aladdin asked. Genie turned back to normal and started pointing to words on a black board. "Tell her the...TRUTH!!!"

"No way! If Jasmine found out I was really some crummy street rat, she'd laugh at me." Aladdin walked over and swiped the magic-made black board with his turban. Genie turned into a lampshade on Aladdin's head with a light bulb in it. "A woman appreciates a man who can make her laugh!"

I chuckled slightly and nodded. That is true. Aladdin scowled and pulled the chain, turning the lamp off. Genie poofed back to normal and held Aladdin's turban out to him. "Al, all joking aside, you really oughtta be yourself."

"Hey, that's the last thing I wanna be!"

"Genie's got a point, Aladdin." I started. "I mean, it wasn't 'Prince Ali' that she followed home. And it wasn't 'Prince Ali' that she tried to save from the guards...Besides women are more impressed with a man that has the courage to be himself than a guy who pretends to be someone else." Aladdin sighed. "But this is different, guys. I've never felt anything like this before. If I can't win her...I don't know what I'll do."

"Aladdin, you need to do what you think is right. No matter what that is. Otherwise, nothing will turn out right." I said sadly. He brightened up. "Okay, I'm gonna go see her. I gotta be smooth, cool, confident. How do I look?" Aladdin turned to us and displayed his outfit.

'Like a jack-ass.' "Fine." I stated simply. Genie heaved a sigh. "Like a prince." Aladdin hopped on Carpet and flew up to Jasmine's balcony. It was now I realized that Genie and I were completely alone. Aladdin was trying to woo Jasmine; and Abu had wondered off somewhere.

"So..." I started, trying to break the awkward silence. "Have you ever been an acrobat? Not to bring up...ya." Genie asked rather quickly. I looked at him with a quirked brow.

"Yes, juggled, jumping through hoops fire and non, type rope, etc. Why?" Genie jumped a little bit and laughed nervously. "Oh! Me?...hehehe...just curious." I smirked. "You know, curiosity killed the cat." He laughed and poofed into a cat. While still in cat form, he made a couple of jerky movments and gurgling sounds before pretending to drop dead.

I laughed at his antics and decided to play along. "No! Don't die on me kitty! PLEASE!" I threw myself on the ground and took the 'cat' into my arms and pretended to sob over its 'corpse'. I did so well in my 'performance' it caused Genie to poof back to normal, laughing hard. Well, laughing is a chain reaction and pretty soon, I was laughing too. We laughed together for about a minute and then I realized just what position we were in. I froze. My arms were wrapped around his neck and I was leaning on his chest. His arms were around my waist and his head was buried in my neck. I felt him freeze as well.

We slowly pulled away from each other. I looked up into his black eyes and he looked into mine. I felt my stomach drop and out of instinct; I started to inch closer to him. After a second, Genie jumped up quick and moved about three feet away from me.

I stayed kneeling in my place on the grass and just watched him. "Well," he said, "I guess I better go check on lover boy up there!" He laughed nervously. I simply nodded. He paused for a moment and looked into my eyes again. "I'll talk to you later?" he asked. "Yeah," I answered, finally finding my voice. "Take care of him." I nodded upward to show that I was talking about Aladdin. He smiled gently at me. "See ya."

"Bye." And with that, he was poofed away.

I stayed where I was a good few minutes. When I could feel my legs again, I stood up and was off to find Abu to pass time. I hope I'm not getting a love life out of this....am I?