29: Until I Met You

Chapter 29

The morning after Cason and I’s date, I woke up around ten to eleven messages on my phone. After glancing at them quickly, I realized that they were all impatient texts from my best friend who wanted to know how my night had gone.

When I called her back, she was a little aggravated with me at first as I had broken my promise to spill the beans as soon as I came home but, she quickly forgot about that when I started to describe the night. From seeing him at my door to the picnic, from the walk on the beach to the kiss on the front porch, it took me almost an hour to recount the details from my night with her constant interruptions of awe.

By the time I hung up the phone that morning I was giddy all over again as the memories were replayed. I wasn’t single anymore; I had a sweet and thoughtful boyfriend that really liked me for who I was.

Cason was my boyfriend.

No matter how many times that thought streamed my brain throughout the rest of winter break, whether it be while I was alone, with my mom or, with Cason himself, it still didn’t seem real.

Before I knew it the days started to pass and, I was being awoken by my annoying alarm way too early.

I rolled over grumpily in my bed and threw my hand out, silencing my alarm as I lifted my head slightly to see what time my clock read. Through my squinted eyes, I could see that it was just after six thirty in the morning and, I let loose a groan of annoyance. I didn’t know if I was madder at the situation, having to get up early again for school, or myself as I stupidly stayed up texting Cason until one in the morning, resulting in less than six hours of sleep.

Even though I really didn’t feel like leaving the comfort of my warm bed, I knew that if I didn’t want to be late for my first day back at school I would have to start getting ready soon. I did have the choice of gaining another half hour of sleep and just throwing on some clothes but, I decided that looking like a wild beast on the first day back didn’t seem all that appealing.

I waited another five minutes before actually gaining the energy to roll over and stand up, stretching my arms into the air to wake my muscles up a little. Once my muscles and limbs were capable of movement, I headed into my en-suite to complete the tedious task of getting ready for another day at school.

Since I wanted to at least look presentable for the first day, I spent the next forty five minutes of the morning showering, drying my hair and looking for an alright outfit to wear. When I had slipped into a set of black jean shorts, paired with a flowing purple tank top, I slipped on a stylish head band to tame the frizz my blow dryer brought out.

As I finished getting my morning routine, I picked up my backpack from the corner of my room, making sure that everything was in it before throwing it over my shoulder and heading down to the kitchen for breakfast.

Entering the kitchen, I dropped my bag at the doorway and saw the familiar scene of my mom making a healthy breakfast.

“Good morning.” I chirped happily as my mood had increased from where it was an hour ago.