Chapter 3

Barty an' I waited in Principal Miller's cabin awaiting her arrival an' our punishment. My sweaty friend was more nervous than I was. "D'you think she'll call my dad? She probably will....Won't she?! " he whispered, cowering in his chair. "Relax, Barty." I calmed him down, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I know what that man'll do. Probably, gimme a talk about how I shouldn't use magic in the Muggle world..." he grumbled. "You shouldn't, but it was for a good cause ,so I'm sure he'll understand." I interrupted, hoping he'd calm down. "That old fart'll probably ground me...again! " Barty continued, gnashing his teeth. I'd never heard him talk so rudely about or complain about his dad so much before. "Barty! He's your dad. Don't call im an old fart." I scolded. "Pfft! You sound like mum." he scoffed. "Nuh-uh! I don't sound like that ol geezer! " I defended myself, biting my tongue on realising that I'd just insulted Mrs. Crouch in front o' her son! "Hey! My mum's a saint!" he defended her. "I know. I'm sorry. But,you riled me up! " I apologized, before accusing him teasingly.
"So, you made a boy fly....in the middle o' a crowded hallway? Now, I should probably be lecturing Reggie Margot for tellin fibs, but he seemed so genuinely scared. Now, tell me the truth....how'd you pull that off?!" a bewildered Mrs. Miller asked. "You could say that special effects are my special-ty!" cheeky Barty joked. "Yea. He's a master o' special effects,ma'am! " I played along. "O---k...Uh, well, uh...I'm gonna have to ask you to keep yer special effects to a minimum, young man. Don't wanna have any high school kids floatin around here! " she advised, not knowing what to say. "Think she bought it? " I whispered to him, as we walked outta the cabin. "Who cares?! She's not gonna call my dad!" my relieved friend exclaimed. I snickered at his excitement.