Chapter 11

"David, have you seen Barty? " I asked, since Professor Dumbledore had asked me to summon im after I'd told the kind Headmaster about the doubts I'd been havin. He'd been doubtful about it himself an' accompanied me to the dorm room, where Barty was nowhere to be seen. "Yea. He was searchin for a place where he wouldn't be disturbed while he, ya know, practised his spells for the Tournament. So, I told im about a secret room which I'd stumbled upon. The Room o' Requirement." he replied. "The Room o'...what? " I asked, confused. I turned around to see that Professor Dumbledore had already taken off. I ran after him, catching up to him, just as he whipped out his wand. "Aha! Gotcha, ya naughty creature! " a familiar voice exclaimed from behind us. We turned around to see Barty holding Lucifer, his pet iguana close to his chest. "Professor, Paulie! Didn't see ya there! This lil fella got outta his cage! " he explained on seeing us. "Barty! Dave told us that you were usin the Room o' Requirement." I revealed. "Usin it?! I can't even find the door to this so-called bloody Room o' Requirement!" he complained, patting Lucifer. He followed us back to the dorm, as Professor Dumbledore silently heaved a sigh o' relief.
Later that evening, I was panicking. My pet ferret was missing! Dave, Minnie an' the prefects helped me to search for it. As I searched the dark corridor, I saw Barty's lanky silhouette at the end o' the corridor. "I've found yer pet." he revealed, holding my injured ferret in his arms as he approached me. "Oh my god! What's happened to it?! " I screamed. "Poor thing! Maybe Madam Pomfrey can help." Minnie whispered, feeling sorry for the half-dead ferret which was bruised, bloodied an' had a mangled paw. "Where'd you find it, Barty? " I asked, eyeing im suspiciously. "Right here, at the end o' the corridor. You really should keep an eye on yer pets, Paulie." he advised. I could've sworn I detected a hint o' evil in his eyes when he spoke. As he walked away, he did somethin I'd never seen im do before, ever. He quickly flicked out his tongue like a serpent, before licking his lips.