Chapter 24

He scowled at me an' pulled out his wand, before yelling Imperio. He had that sinister look in his eyes again. I felt myself walking towards him. I wanted to run towards the officials, back to Professor Dumbledore who'd just used the Lightning Spell to break the protective shield that covered the cottage. But, my legs led me to Barty who smiled wickedly as he grabbed my arm an' pulled me towards himself, using me as a human shield against the approaching officials. A frightened Minnie, who'd run outta the cottage on hearing the  commotion, held his hand tightly in hers, before he used Side-Along Apparition to transport us to the Forbidden Forest. "Awww...It's good to be back, isn't it? I wonder why they never let us in here as students. Looks like a swell, mystical place. I find that the forbidden stuff's always the best stuff!  Perfect for a meetin with the Dark Lord, eh? " a panting Barty muttered to himself, wiping sweat off his face before pointing his wand over the tattoo on his wrist, lowering the pointed end o' the wand slowly o'er it. I took this opportunity to try an' escape, but I felt someone holding me back again. I realized that Barty had caught me tryin to escape. Out o' the corner o' my eye, I saw im point his wand away from his wrist an' towards me to control me . With a flick o' his wand he made me face im. "Gotta love the Imperius Curse! Bloody brilliant, isn't it? I'd been itchin to use it! " he jeered, as a sinister smile spread across his face. "An' I thought I could trust ya! What else have you told em? Answer me! " he yelled, receiving no response from me. "Alright, then...Let's do it the hard way, you meddlin pest! Crucio! " a determined Barty uttered, clenching his teeth an' pointing the wand at me. I screamed as pain shot through every part o' my body an' I jerked about. "Stop! Barty, you're hurting her! " Minnie pleaded. She stood at a short distance away, trembling as she watched me suffer. Suddenly, I heard her exclaim Expelliarmus. The pain subsided an' I found Barty scramblin about for his wand.  Minnie looked at me an' mouthed run! She raised her wand shakily at Barty as I made my escape an' was gonna utter another spell, when he retrieved his wand. "Not you too, love! " he complained, before disarming her. "I guess you women have to stick together at all times, eh? I know I'll hate myself for doin it, but if you try an' stop me again, I will snap yer dainty neck! This doesn't concern ya! So, stay away! " he threatened his fiancee, pressing the wand against her neck, before letting her go an' searching around for me. "It does concern me. She's our friend, Barty! " I heard her disagree with im , as he turned his back against her. He shut his eyes in frustration, before turning back to face her. "Incarcerous! " he uttered, raising his wand an' pointing it at her. I looked up in shock from my hiding place in the bushes, as ropes shot outta the wand an' wrapped themselves around her neck, strangling her! "She is a traitor! All I'm tryin to do is protect us!" he defended himself, as she struggled to pull the ropes off. I fumbled about in my backpack for my wand, before finally finding it an' creeping up to em. I used a Severing Charm to cut off the ropes an' released her!