Chapter 15

"I heard that you were screaming hysterically in there. What happened to you in that maze today, Barty? " Professor Dumbledore enquired, sitting on the edge o' a terror-stricken Barty's bed. He'd been found unconscious in the maze an' was brought to the infirmary immediately. "Blasted Dementors, sir! They do get to ya! " he replied, referring to his obstacle in the maze. I knew Dumbledore didn't believe im. Neither did I. Barty could've easily taken on a Dementor. His Patronus charm was the most powerful. "That wasn't a real Dementor. If it were, he wouldn't be alive! That was a boggart an' they aren't as harmful. Whatever terrified your friend was far worse! Keep an eye on him." a concerned Dumbledore took me aside an' whispered in my ear before departing.
Hufflepuff had emerged victorious,so Minnie was out celebrating the win with the rest o' her Housemates. She'd invited me too, but I thought it best to stay beside my friend till he recovered. "Ya should go. Enjoy yerself! " he muttered, smiling drowsily at me. "Barty....What really happened in there? Tell me the truth." I asked, clasping his hand in mine, determined to know more. "Exactly what I said happened! " he replied exasperatedly through gritted teeth, before letting go o' my hand. I stared at im in disbelief, before he apologized - "Sorry I snapped, kay? I'm just exhausted, that's all." I decided not to prod anymore an' decided to let im rest, as he rolled onto his side an' pulled the covers up to his neck. I closed the door softly behind me. Maybe, he'd open up about it once he felt better. But, he didn't. Every time I'd bring it up, he'd ignore me an' snap at me. His behaviour was worrying me. Finally, he did tell me about it in confidence. But, by then, it was too late!