Chapter 19

"Why did you call me here exactly?" I stammered, nervously looking up at em. "We want you to bring him in." Professor McGonagall revealed. "We have news that he's living in Godric's Hollow. But, we can't do anything about it. He knows we're searching for him and he'll be alert. But, you. You're his best friend and he'll trust you. We want you to follow him, keep us informed and we'll do the rest! " the Minister explained, calmly. "Wh...What d'you plan on doin with im? " I asked, eyeing him suspiciously. "Send him off to Azkaban, of course! Where the Dementors will take care of him! " a scowling Barty Crouch Sr replied on his behalf. "You're sendin im to his death?! He's your son! " I cried out, shocked by his response. "He's a cold-hearted criminal! Tell her who he's working for, Dumbledore! " Barty Crouch Sr ordered. "Voldemort." Dumbledore whispered. "Who? " I asked. "Voldemort. He's the one who killed your parents. You don't remember, because you were just a baby. Fortunately, Mrs. Murani was there to secretly rescue you." he recounted, as I stared agape at him. I felt myself tearing up. Barty was working for a murderer an' I knew I had to bring him in, before it was too late, but I didn't want to. I didn't want to be held responsible for his death! "There must be some other way...He doesn't have to die...Does he? " I asked, with a sob. "I'm sorry. But, it's the only way." Professor Dumbledore replied softly, not knowing how to comfort me. So, that's how I ended up hunting down my best friend.