Chapter 18

A few years later, I was workin as a herbologist an' traveling to far-off lands to study magical herbs an' plants which had been unheard of. I'd just returned from the Bermuda Triangle after studying (an' fortunately, surviving! ) the mysterious man-eating seaweed there, when I found an owl perch on my doorstep with a letter from Hogwarts. "What's this? A reunion?" I muttered, picking at the envelope.
Urgent! the first line read. We need you here at the Ministry. Be quick! Bartemius will be waiting for you. So will we. Only you can help us!
it read an' it was signed by Professors Dumbledore an' McGonagall . "Need me? Why would they need me? " I wondered. I was exhausted, but I decided to change quickly and head for the Ministry. I was ready to drop everything for Professor Dumbledore. He was like a father to me, all those years at Hogwarts. Besides, this meant I could meet Barty after all these years!
Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be his dad, Barty Crouch Sr who was waitin for me! "Oh! I thought Barty was gonna be here! " I exclaimed embarrassingly, staring at Professors McGonagall an' Dumbledore, the Minister o' magic an' Barty's dad....but, no sign o' Barty! "We want to talk to you about him." Professor Dumbledore explained, gesturing to a table scattered with newspapers with news about Barty torturing innocent Aurors! I noticed a wickedness in his smile in the photo alongside the caption: Bartemius Crouch Jr: Wanted Death-Eater. Wait! Death-Eater?! That can't be true! Godmum had told me about em. They practiced the Dark Arts and commited countless murders...An' Barty was one o' em?! I was shocked! I'd been away for so long, I hadn't even known my friend had turned into some evil, insane, wanted criminal! What shocked me even more was a photo o' Minnie alongside a caption reading- Minerva Delacour, accomplice to the Death-Eater. I couldn't believe my eyes!