Chapter 9

Everyone was celebrating later at The Three Broomsticks. David was hoisted onto the shoulders o' his victorious Housemates. We decided to sneak out an' check on Barty. "Look! Isn't that him? " Minnie exclaimed, gesturing towards the library. We saw Barty enter the library. We waited for the staircase to move again, so we could make our way towards the library which was further away from the dorm outside which we were standing. We found him sitting inside with his face buried in a large ol leather-bound book. "Aren't you s'possed to be nappin, mister? " I asked, startling him. "All better now? " Minnie asked, wrapping her arms around him, before planting a kiss on his neck as he looked up from the book. "Uh, yea..." he replied, nervously. "Dave did so well! I mean, you should've seen the way he caught that Golden Snitch! " I exclaimed, sitting beside him. "Mmmhmm? " he hummed absent-mindedly, turning his attention back to the book. "What're you readin, anyway?" I asked, trying to snatch the book away. He tried to keep the book outta my reach, as I attempted to snatch it away teasingly every time! "Au revoir, you 2! Join me when you're done with your silly game! " a bored Minnie excused herself, as she made her way outta the library an' returned to the party. "At least, lemme see the title! All I can see are the letters D an' A on the cover o' the book an' I know it can't be Daleks, 'coz I'm pretty sure they don't keep books about the Doctor an' his adventures at this library! " I tried to guess the title o' the book, while at the same time urging him to move his fingers which were hiding the title from me. "Bloody hell! Look at what you've done now! " an annoyed Barty yelled, as I accidentally knocked the book outta his hands an' onto the floor! "Sorry! " I muttered, biting my tongue, as I scrambled to pick it up. I turned it o'er to glance at the title- Dark Magic. I was shocked! I'd heard from godmum that dark magic was corruptive an' hence, forbidden at Hogwarts. She'd told me that even the books based on dark magic were kept in the Restricted Section where students weren't allowed. Then, how'd Barty get a hold o' this book? Suddenly, he interrupted my thoughts by snatching the book away. "Barty...where'd you find this? You know you're not s'possed to be readin it..." I warned, feeling concerned about the way he was behaving lately an' the unheard-of books that he'd been tellin us about. "Relax! I was just browsing through it,kay? Just curious, that's all! " he defended himself, before setting the book on the table an' leaving the library, so he could avoid anymore questions. I stared at the book as I chewed my lip nervously, shuddering at the thought o' this monstrous book o' dark,forbidden magic in the hands o' a young, eager wizard like Barty.