Amusement Park

Brian O Connor is an actor, an actor who is experience in the genres of action, horror and mystery. He is of 38 years of age, and has a girlfriend named Nadya, who works as a journalist. They are not married, though they produce on daughter named Fransisca, who was born when Brian was just 23. They also have a son, named Samuel born 2 years after Fransisca. 

Both of them are are now 15 and 13 respectively, and doing well in school. Recently, Nadya received straight A's in her exams, while Samuel wins an award for sciences. 

Brian has been away for quite a lot, and last year, they didn't see them for the whole summer because of shooting a movie. The mother and children however still managed to contact Brian via skype, and during the call, he expressed on how much he misses the children, and they were his motivation for his success and hard work throughout the shooting. The movie - that will finished shooting by the end of August, will be showing on cinema screens on December 11.

When Brian has his cast finished the shooting, he return home to meet his family in early September. There, he was greeted with much delight, his children hugged him, and the wife, together with the children, worked together to make a special meal for him - roast pork. Just for him!! 

So the rest of the month was filled with Brian driving the kids to school and picking them up. When he's not doing nothing, he would usually take part in environmental services, such as planting mangroves on tsunami prone areas, and interviews, and so on.

Finally, something that takes like forever, finally arrives. It was finally the weekend, and they had decided to go somewhere for the weekend. "Disneyland?" He suggested. 

"No..no! We're already in our teens, why would we go to Disneyland.. like some other place?" The kids chorused.  Brian was then left scratching his head, "then where.."

Samuel, the suggested, "How bout the six flags? That place is better and suitable for all ages. What'ya think Frans?". Fransisca thought it was a good idea, as she has seen on tv on how good, and how enjoyable was the Six Flags, THOUGH she hasn't been there, she had always wanted to go there.

"Seems good.." Brian somewhat agreed. Nadya too agreed, as she had been wanting to ride on the roller coaster.

So, early in the morning on Saturday, they departed to the Six Flags Amusement park. They know as it's the holiday, it would be crowded, so they make the wise decision to go in the morning. Moreover, the traffic would be smoother.

They arrived at the Six Flags Amusement Park, parked their cars, and went to pay for the admission tickets. Nadya looked around and wasn't surprised, although at this time of morning (7AM) there was a steady stream of crowd into the park. As it was a Saturday and a long weekend, everyone would want to to arrive early and enjoy all of the rides.

Once all of them entered the amusement park, all hell broke loose. Fransisca and Samuel unleashed their childish desires. They want to use the go-cart, the booster, evolution, and the drop-down. Together with daddy, Nadya took pictures with her camera as they have their adrenaline pumpin' as they dropped at lightning sped at the drop down ride, the most adrenaline pumping ride - set to push your adrenaline sky high.  

SNAP! The photo was immortalized in Nadya's camera, with all of them enjoying the ride.

"Now. to the go kart!" Samuel screamed, having enjoyed the ride. " I love the go-kart.." Fransisca admits. 

There at the go kart ride, they were playing like small kids, all happy faces captured in Nadya's camera, while daddy to plays like a small kid. Reminiscing the time when Brian was the same age as Sam... he would play in the go karts like these. Ah the good times...

 "Now we got to roller coaster.. let's all enjoy this weekend kids" Nadya offered. Her offer was overwhelmingly accepted immediately to the chorus of "YES YES YES!" of the kids. Just as they were finished saying that, a roar of thunder exploded and resonate towards the skies. 

The weather was fine, and they were scattered clouds. There was no black clouds that were visible in the sky.

It seems that Nadya is the only one  that seems puzzled by the sound, while everyone else was unperturbed by it - something that you might say a supernatural occurrence. Nadya wanted to confirm to the others whether they heard it. " Did you hear that lightning, the sky was clear!?"

Brian seems puzzled by her question, "Huh? No, didn't hear that at  all..". He continued, suggesting "probably one of those rides that gave those thunderous sound".

For a moment, Nadya looked around. It seems that the world around her has been stopped, the time have been froze by something, she looked around, bewildered. She was sure that that sound was coming from the sky, not one of the rides!

Maybe it really came from one of the rides.

Nadya diverted Brian's attention to the rides that she really wanted to ride: The roller coaster

"Okay, babe. Let's go for that ride- the kids will love it" She pulled Brian's arm and walked briskly to the roller coaster ride while her children catch up

"Mom, wait" Fransisca chorused .

"Whoo! That's the ride that i've been waiting for. It'll be one hell of a ride..."

Fransisca sarcastically responded to Samuel's excitement." Yeah, so excited that your excitement will come crashing down as your height does not meet the requirements!". Samuel swallowed that pain and jokingly replied "My height is already tall enough - and you'll have a hard time accepting that i'm allowed into that ride."

The family entered the ride, with their parents infront, and the children just behind them. There 4 other people in the ride; 2 women, a young man in a beanie and his brother. Both of the siblings passed the heigh test and they were seated on the ride, secured and ready to go.

"Selfie guys!" Nadya cheered. Took out her phone, put it on landscape mode and captured the smiley, happy, unsuspecting faces of the family.. what a nice moment to immortalize it..

"Here we go... start the ride" the operator started the ride and it began to move... claps where heard from the spectators as they are gonna be in for one wild.. hell'a of a ride. A ride that you can experience only once in your life.

So.. it's going up..slowly..up.up..up...

"Ohh.. i'm so excited when it goes down.. FAST!!" Fransisca turned to Samuel. "I love that feeling.. SO GIMME MORE!" Fransisca is an adrenaline junkie. The look on Samuel's face was no different than that of Fransisca. He looked excited.