chapter four

It's funny really how for centuries humans have gone to war but that's what we do, we are self destructive beings for ourselves and for others because no matter who you are in life we all have the capacity to do it even if we don't know it, it's in our blood, in our minds and our history it's a vicious cycle but only few can dream of stopping the Cycle yet it's not about stopping the circle, no it's about breaking it so it can never be used again and I merely know this because that's what me and Laney did we don't allow people to destroy us it's happened to many times so we've become more wise to when it comes to this and in exchange learned the hard way to not give people the weapon or mind control to destroy us.

Now of course in a way the cycle is still going with us even after destroying it but what people don't seem to understand is we may have destroyed it but we built it back in a way we couldn't be hurt and that's how it was going to stay but hopefully our undoing wouldn't break us again hopefully the boys can't break our barriers because if they can then God help us!

***

It was 4PM as I drove in the driveway before we turned off the radio getting out the car.

"You ready?" Laney asked with a huff, it was now or never.

"Let's just get this over with" I said as we made our way to the door before I took a breath and opened it.

We walked in heading to the kitchen to find the boys at the table a couple empty beer bottles, playing cards in hand with a cigarette in Ryder's mouth and another laying in the tray.

"Are you trying to turn the house into an ashtray" I yelled going to open the back door to let some fresh air in.

"Your home early" Blake said turning to face us now realising we were here as I made my remark.

"Well come on let's get this over with the sooner this is done the better" I said as Laney and I sat at the island.

"Look I know we don't deserve your forgiveness but ......I don't know.." He said with a pause as me and Laney looked at them unimpressed but I couldn't face looking Ryder in the eye yet he had no problem keeping his on me as I felt his stare burn wanting me to look but I didn't.

My mind had a million questions screaming inside, waiting, needing to come out as I bit my tongue keeping silence, no one noticed the war in my mind and thankfully they didn't as now a days it was my only escape.

I glanced at Laney who looked like there was a storm in here eyes as they glued themselves on my brother he had no idea how she felt, she always liked him heck maybe even loved the fool and then he left and she hasn't looked at any other guy the same way she looked at him but worse he loved her to yet neither made a pass just love struck in silence.

"I had everything planned on what I'd say but I don't know where to start" Blake said dragging his hand through his locks "OK then let me" I spoke as all eyes turned to face me.

"You left with no contact, no texts, no call, emails, letters you had a million and one options and decided not to at least say you were alive" I said looking in my brothers eyes to find guilt.

"Look it was for the best you don't understand" Ryder said as I finally turned to look in his beautiful grey eyes and couldn't understand what I saw, it was a mixture of many but the main emotions he held were frustration, anger, guilt and care but how? Who was he angry at and why? But better why are they trying to make stupid excuses for their departure instead of telling us exactly why they left to begin with?

I was getting angry at how he wasn't cutting to the point it was eating away at me like a termite I needed answers "then enlighten me" I said annoyed.