chapter eight

I made my way downstairs checking my phone as the screen lip up showing the time as 3AM before clicking it off and heading towards the kitchen where raised voices could be heard.

As I entered aunt Sammy was sitting with Laney, a first aid kit emptied all over the island with her tending to Laney's lip wiping away the blood with a dampen, heated cotton ball before inspecting how deep the wound was.

My brother throwing comments as he watched leaning his back against the kitchen unit with an apple in his hand standing beside Ryder who looked over to me.

"So come on then girls was it worth it?" Blake questioned annoyance laced within his words.

"Blake stop it" aunt Sammy ordered turning around to face the blonde hot head.

"How are you OK with this?" He questioned in disbelief at aunt Sammy before she sighed.

"I'm used to it by now" she replied quick and simple as she concentrated on Laney's busted lip.

"Well why didn't you stop them when it started?"

That was it she was pissed as she tried her best to compose herself turning around to face the pair "don't you think I tried?" She questioned in frustration "I only found out after one night your sister came through the door holding Laney up considering she broke her rib by that point it hit me, I knew they were hiding something but after that night they couldn't. I tried to reason with them but it was like a drug to them once they started they couldn't stop" she explained.

It was true I remember that night like it was yesterday after a we finished our fight one of Laney's opponents friends was so pumped up on steroids he came out of nowhere and flung Laney against the wall, the scream she let out was horror movie material and when he went to do more damage I grabbed the knife from his hand and stabbed him in the leg as he collapsed rolling around the floor whilst I picked up Laney and managed to get her home.

No one was meant to be there I just needed to grab my keys but aunt Sammy came downstairs looking at us in horror and after piecing it all together with random bruises here and there and know us in sports gear at 2 AM, Laney with a broken rib and my shirt with blood spatter she knew especially after what we went through with the boys it was obvious.

"I'm used to this by now plus their smart and quick on their feet I knew they wouldn't take it to a point they couldn't handle, you boys have been gone far too long to understand that though" she added.

"Your all fucking crazy" Blake was furious and he had no right to be what a fucking hypocrite!

"Us?" I started as I walked over to them "Seriously that's rich coming from you considering the fact you two were doing this before you even fucking left" I snapped, that was it but the look he gave me made me want to laugh he was surprised as his eyes widened with shock.

"Yeah we've known for years what did you think we we're fucking blind?" I added with a deadly chuckle.

"But how?" He questioned eyeing my every move.

"Random bruises, cuts and scars how stupid did you two think we we're not to mention the bloodied clothing in the wash pile, we tried asking mom but she said to leave it as it was the only way you could express your anger well you know what it's the same for us too" I yelled as he sighed looking away dragging his hand through his hair in annoyance, not having anything to say.

"Plus what the fuck we're you two doing there tonight? I mean I highly doubt you came for the chit chat" I added before making my way over to the sink as my hands were dripping with blood.

I turned on the water before placing my hand under, clenching my teeth for the sting that shocked through me.

"We just want to protect you guys" he spoke the anger erased from his tone as he replaced it with a more caring tone.