chapter thirteen

Oh Blake, Ashley there you two are" my mother spoke as everyone turned to look at us but one thing I couldn't understand was why Laney looked so pissed off. Suddenly she got up from the sofa before walking directly to me, looping our arms together as she dragged me to the kitchen "OK what's up with you?" I questioned as she shut the door behind us.

"What's up with me is my best friend and sister here kept something so fucking important from me" she replied placing her hands on her hips as I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

What on earth is she talking about? I mean there's nothing I can think of that she doesn't know, I'd never keep anything from her "okay you lost me" I spoke as she sighed in frustration.

"The boys meeting tonight with the fuckers who tore apart this family" she cleared up as my eyes widened and I mentally faced palmed myself.

Ryder told her while me and my brother we're having a talk. Of course he did "fuck I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you, I'd never keep anything from you on purpose lane you should know that" I apologised as she gave me a weak smile.

"Yeah I know, I should have known you wouldn't keep a secret from me" she spoke as I sighed with relief "when did this happen though?" She questioned as she tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Well the whole reason I had a rant with Ryder earlier was because Ryder got the phone call when we we're in the bathroom" I explained to her as she dragged her hand through her hair.

"But why didn't you tell me sooner?" She questioned me as I sighed, now feeling guilty that it slipped my mind "I never got the chance, you know I'd never keep this shit from you! Laney I was going to tell you once I finally got you alone after dinner before loud mouth Bradford in there told you first" I explained as she laughed at my comment.

"I will admit that was a good one" she complimented on my name calling before embracing me in a hug "I know you'd never keep things from me I'm sorry I just panicked, me and you against the world ay Ash" she spoke with a smile.

"Yeah" I replied pulling away as she smirked "now how are we gonna play this?" She questioned, a mischievous glint clear in her eye.

Okay now she's lost me again, I have no idea what she's getting at "what are you talking about Laney?" I questioned with furrowed eyebrows as her smirk dropped "we are going with them right?" She asked not sure as to why I wouldn't agree.

"Look, Blake told me that they protected our identity from those fuckwits to protect us! Do you have any idea what they would do to us if they found us? No way" I replied feeling my stomach turn in knots just thinking about it, clearly Laney was feeling the same since her face paled slightly.

"Fair enough" she agreed shaking it off as I shot her a smile "come on let's go back in, we'll talk later" I gestured as she gave me a nod before we headed back into the living room.

***

The more time went on the more anxious I was getting. What do they want? What if the boys don't come back? What if the pair get hurt? The questions racing through my mind, eating away at me the more I sat here, my hands getting clammy by the second, God I need some air.

"You alright?" Ryder's deep voice questioned, bringing me from my thoughts as I got to my feet "yeah I'm fine" I replied before making my way out of the living room and kept moving till I reached the the back door and once again found myself outside sitting on the back porch.

Laney slipped out to get some beer in since we planned to wait up tonight even thought the boys didn't know it yet and since the ladies inside we're getting drunk off wine let's just say Laney would kill me if I got a head start without her so since I couldn't drink my worries away I went with plan B which was to get the fuck out of there so I could breath.