chapter twenty four

Warning! Steamy content ahead.

Before we start I have to be honest with you I lost a lot of love for this book for a while as many of you may have noticed once I stopped updating as much. But after taking a lot of time from this book I finally felt the urge to get finish this. I can't wait to start updating again and letting the story unfold. I'm sorry I've been gone for so long, but I'll do my best to update more frequently than I have been.

Also I'm sorry if I haven't been able to answer all of your messages but I'll do my best to get through them all tonight.

I love you guys loads and I thank you so much for all of your support, likes and comments.

Enjoy xoxo

I'd lost track of time the whole ride to the cabin. We'd been here a few hours now and I was in my room with Laney as we unpacked our bags.

"So you gonna tell me why you can't walk straight?" I inquired as I quirked a brow to Laney as she stilled, squirming under my gaze whilst clutching her grey t-shirt in her hands.

"What are you ta-"

"Don't give me that shit Lane." I laughed, watching as she became more uncomfortable by the minute. "Ash this is weird, he's your brother." She exclaimed, fumbling the material of the shirt in her hands.

"Lane, I don't care. As long as he treats you right then I don't give a damn." I told her, throwing my yoga pants at her as she ducked and threw the shirt at me, catching me in the stomach.

"So you really don't care?" She asked.

"For the last time Lane, I don't care. You come first remember. Sisters before misters and all that crap" I told her, picking up her shirt from the floor whilst she grabbed my pants and we exchanged the items before going back to unpacking.

For an few hours we unpacked, ate, talked about her night - me trying not to cringe considering an for too comfortable Laney telling me details no sister should know -  before we both got washed and changed, going to sit outside with the guys as they sat on the floor around a fire they'd built with beers in hand.

I felt slightly awkward with the guys at this point. I found it awkward with Ryder because he hadn't spoken to me all day and I felt awkward with my brother after finding out all of the dirty details of what he had done to my best friend last night.

"Where is everyone?" Laney asked as we sat down before the fire and pulled out two beers from the cooler. "Nana went to bed and the others and doing girly shit probably." Blake said as he took a drag from his cigarette.

"You girls nervous for tomorrow?" Blake asked as he exhaled the smoke, watching as it faded into the night sky. It was 10pm after all.

"Not really" lies "you?" I asked, watching as the pair shrugged and then Ryder got to his feet. My eyes shooting in his direction as he downed the remainder of the liquid in his bottle. "Right. I'm gonna unpack if any of you need me." He said as he threw the bottle into the trash can behind him.

Blake looked between us as Ryder looked at me and I up at him, clearly sensing the awkward tention between us. "There's ahh ...some burgers on the grill if you girls are hungry." Blake said as Ryder walked into the kitchen.

I got to my feet without being subtle at all that I was heading after him, leaving my brother and Laney without a word.

Walking into the kitchen, I froze when I was met with Ryders back facing  me. His back muscles flexing as he stood with his hands firmly grasping the countertop. I said nothing as I headed for the cupboard and grabbed a wine glass. My hands grasping at the half empty bottle on the counter as I poured a glass.