chapter sixteen

The car doors shut, locks clicking as we made our way to the bar. Like every Monday we knew Corey would be here as we made our entrance.

We looked around, loads of men filled up the seats as we finally spotted Corey with a group of guys in the back.

"Corey" I called out as we made our way over to the small group of boys "hey, I hope they didn't give you too much grief" he enquired as he shot us his classic smile before taking a sip of his drink.

"Well they bitch and moaned but eventually calmed down" I replied as he chuckled shaking his head at our ways.

"So ladies, what can I do you for?" He asked us as I looked back over to the door.

"Uh yeah, do you think we could talk outside for a moment?" I questioned as he got to his feet, gesturing to go outside as we followed.

"So what can I help you with?" He questioned as he pulled out a packet of cigarettes, lighting up as we waited for a reply.

"You knew didn't you?" Laney finally spoke as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion "know what?" He questioned.

"The guys told us why they left so don't play dumb" I informed him as he looked between us.

"Honestly Ash I don't know what you're talking about" he tried, clearly lying through his teeth as I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah and I ain't bying it, I mean for fuck sakes Corey they were found through the streets and you practically run the show so don't even try denying it" I pointed out as he sighed in defeat.

"For fuck sakes Ash sometimes you're to smart for your own good" he spoke before inhaling his cigarette.

"Yeah well that's not even the worst" laney commented as he looked over at her, taking in her words "Why? What do you mean?" He questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"Seth's threatening the boys to do an impossible job and it turns out if they can't do what is asked Seth wants us since he found us through the streets" I explained as he looked at me shocked, trying to register my words.

"So do you know anything?" Laney asked, hope clear in her tone in her tone as he inhaled the ciggarette again, trying to think of anything as we waited in silence.

"There is something, around two months ago there were a couple of guys at the fights, they were out of place and no one knew who they were but to top of all off they we're looking for you" he informed us as I glanced back at Laney.

"Did they say what they wanted? Who they were?" Lanes questioned him as he gave us a weak smile "sorry girls but that bastard won't get you two, like I said you're to smart for your own good" he replied as I reached out and wrapped my arms around his neck, giving him a big.

"Thanks" I spoke as he hugged me back before we pulled away "No worries and hey I'll get some of the boys to snoop around, see what we can find for you, remember ladies you're not alone, those cunts won't get you" he spoke as a wide smile spread across my face.

"Thanks Corey" I thanked again as he returned my smile "no problem, I'll call you girls when I find something" he commented as he put out his cigarette, stepping on it before heading back in.

"Come on let's head back" laney gestured as we made our way back to the car, unlocking it and opening the door as we sat in silence for a couple of minutes.

"Do you think we can find him?" I questioned her as I turned in her direction "we have to" was her only reply as I turned on the egniasion as we slipped out of the drive way.

***

"We're home" I called out, informing the guys as Laney headed into the living room and I headed upstairs, my feet tapping the wooden panel before heading down the hallway and going into our room to lay down on the bed.