chapter fourteen

I felt the bed dip beside me as I opened my eyes, blinking a couple of times to adjust to the light as I wondered who the fuck opened the curtains?

I looked to my side to find Ryder sitting beside me as he averted his gaze, not lookin in my direction as my brother stood in the doorway, the pair not saying a word as I nudged Laney and she stirred before finally getting up.

She sat up looking around the room at the scene before us before turning and mouthing to me 'what's going on?' I didn't have an answer so I shrugged at her.

God this is so fucking weird right now, I thought as I sat myself up before leaning over and touching Ryder's shoulder as he finally looked at me, our eyes connecting as he gave me a small smile.

"We told them this morning about everything but we wanted to tell you two personally" he informed us, finally breaking the silence "you two get dressed and we'll see you downstairs" Blake added as the pair left the room before me or Laney got a word in

"What time is it?" Laney questioned as I turned on my phone "half ten" I replied getting up and walking over to the closet. "Their stressed" she commented joining my side as she slipped on a pair of jeans.

"No one likes bringing up the past we know that more than most" and it was true after everything, something's you just want to bury "tell me about it" she added as we finished getting changed.

"You ready?" I questioned as Laney grabbed her phone and we made our way downstairs finding the boys in the kitchen in mid conversation till they stopped, looking at us as we came through the door

"Where is everyone?" I questioned looking around the room as I made my way to the coffee machine "they left to give us some space" Blake informed us, clearly stressed out, which kinda worried me, what the fuck did they go through?

"Look just leave the coffee and come sit down" he added as I complied turning my attention back to them "OK fine" I whispered as I hoisted myself to sit on the unit in front of the window.

I stared out the window to the open back yard full of flowers as the sun rayed down, it was peaceful especially at the back where the gate stood and on the other side knowing of the bridge that sat above the river leading to the open fields. I loved it here mainly because the place felt free.

"So what do you want to know?" Blake questioned as I looked away from the window to face my brother "I want to know what kicked all of this shit off! How they approached you, how you left and why you didn't contact us!" I spoke firm as the pair looked at me before looking at each other.

"About a month before we left it was about 2 AM and we were at the street fights, I can remember it like it was yesterday, everyone went quiet as these huge black range rover's pulled up. I asked Corey who they were and he told me they were a gang called the skulls and the guy at the front was Seth Rogers the leader" Blake informed us before taking a sip of his drink.