chapter ten

After cleaning up breakfast I jogged up the stairs with Laney hot on my heals as we made our way to our room "well that went better than I thought" she spoke as I locked the door behind us.

The ladies wanted time to talk with the boys since they were now home so we suggested taking Miranda to the mall it was a nice plan and a bonus for us since we didn't have to get involved.

"Yeah well let's just see if their in one piece when we get home" I commented in amusement as we searched through the closet for clothes to wear.

"Well if Nana's going to get the Sunday family meal she's been waiting for the last three years then their gonna have to be" Laney replied as she rummaged for some underwear.

"There's always tomorrow" I added as we glanced at one another before laughing our asses off it was funny knowing these tough guys could get a telling off matched with a clip around the ear from our mothers.

"Those crazy ladies tearing them apart will never get old" Laney spoke wiping away her tear from laughing so hard "tell me about it"

All of a sudden my phone buzzed as I chucked Laney her black T-shirt with a shoulder part cut out that she loved "who's it from?" She questioned as she lifted the shirt over her head before pulling it down and putting it in place.

I pulled my phone out from my pocket as my screen lit up "Oh God" annoyance in my tone as I looked up meeting her questioning eyes "Ryder" I replied and judging from my reaction she knew something wasn't right.

"Aw for fuck sakes I thought things were fine at the minute" she spoke with a huff as she waited for my reply.

"Well not exactly" I commented as she sat on the bed getting ready to be back in the loop again "well come on out with it"

"He might have seen my rib this morning" I answered as she raised an eyebrow clear confusion written in her eyes "might have?" She questioned looking at my side to see if my side was noticeable but wasn't and she knew that making her eyebrows knit in confusion.

"OK he did" I to her as her eyes widened in surprise "what? How? Does the guy have x-ray vision or something?" I rolled my eyes at her comment before replying.

"When I went to grab a mug my shirt rode up and exposed just enough for him to see a part of my rib" I cleared up her confusion yet now looking back on the moment I don't understand how his eyes were drawn to my side as only a quarter could be seen when my shirt rode up yet Ryder being Ryder was most likely checking out my boobs or my ass and managed to catch a glimpse

"Oh my god what a perv" she spoke in disbelief the realisation hitting her as I spoke

I smiled at her realisation we were so similar sometimes it freaked me out that we weren't twins "I know right" I commented throwing my hands up in the process.

"Well" she started as glanced at my phone as I took a seat beside her " what does it say?" She questioned pulling my mind back on the text as I opened it hoping I was worried about nothing.

Ryder: black and blue doesn't suit you Ash!

It really pissed me off how much of a big deal he was making out of this especially since last night he told me this was going to happen so it's not like it was a surprise or anything.

I sat there silent before turning to look at Laney who glanced at my clothing, I was waiting for her words on wearing a short shirt and it came "Yeah maybe it would be a good idea if you covered that thing for the next week or two so we don't get anymore shit like this" she commented the obvious before heading back to the closet.