chapter nineteen

As promised, here is a new update for you guys, I hope you like it.

Lots of love x

We got out of the car as I looked up at the warehouse I hadn't seen in a couple months .....well more like a couple of weeks, in all honestly even though we don't work for him much anymore we still came to hang out but the boys didn't need to know that, we argue enough as it is.

"You ready hotstuff?" Ryder questioned as I glanced to the other side of the car where he stood "I don't know why your so confident Bradford, you're on my turf now" I replied while he chuckled, shaking his head as he walked behind me.

We went around the back where the guards stood, guns in hand as they stood at their posts, a small smile appearibg in their faces as we approached and I nodded while they replied, nodding my way.

"evening boys, is he in?" I questioned as Jared and Carl smiled back at me. Jared and Carl were twins in their early twenties, gorgeous black locks with forest green eyes, the only way you could tell the pair apart was even though they both had forest green eyes Carl's left eye was a shade of sky blue which came in handy when trying to figure out which one was which.

"He's in" Jared replied before looking behind me, now looking serious as they studied Ryder with caution "now we know who you are Cooper but who's he?" He questioned, as I glanced over my shoulder to glance at Ryder.

"Now this gentleman is Ryder Bradford" I replied as the pair cracked a smile. "The famous Ryder Bradford huh" Carl spoke, pausing for a moment before nodding "welcome back old friend we've heard much about you" he added before tapping on the door as the metal barring the door shut could be heard lifting from the inside and finally the door opened for us.

We walked in as Marco nodded my way and I returned the gesture as he shut the door behind us, barring it shut then standing at his post, a gun in his waist band as he stood at his post like usual.

"Who are the new guys?" Ryder questioned as Marco shut the door behind us "the twins are brothers to Jacob Ryker, you know the same Jacob Ryker you saved five years ago from the explosion by 'the Crows" I informed. The crowd were Matthews rival gang, long gone around four years ago when Matthews got rid of them once and for all.

"Fuck that was five years ago?" He questioned, more himself than me in all honesty. "Yep" I replied about to start walking through the warehouse when he grabbed my arm quickly as I came to a sudden halt.

"How do you know about that anyway?" He questioned, the curiousity clear on his features as I smiled his way "you're quite famous around here Bradford, as soon as I joined I got to hear a load about your days here" I informed him as he smiled back at me.

"All good I hope" he spoke and I bit onto my lower lip "let's just say for a bad boy with a past your still my hero" I replied about to walk again when I stopped myself "did I ever mention I'm a sucker for heroic gangsters?" At my words he smiled and it was only then I turned to walk.

The warehouse looked the same as usual, weopandry hanging on the walls, cargo being unpacked in the corner, Lucas shouting out orders while a couple of the boys sat around the table playing poker and lastly the stairs leading up to Matthews office.

Heading across the warehouse Lucas stopped shouting and walked our way as he handed me a cigarette, it was our way of greeting eachother infront of the boys since if they saw him hug me like he usually does when we're not here, as to him he thinks the men won't take him seriously especially since I'm not his girl.

"I thought you'd forgotten us Cooper, it's been to long" he spoke as I smiled at him "never Lucas but you forgot a light" I pointed out as he pulled one from his back pocket to light me up.