chapter six

"I'm not yours Ryder so get it out of your thick skull" I spoke up as he watched my every move, I mean who the fuck does he think he is, I'm not an object you can own, I'm fucking human and I've done okay without him, I survived.

After I made my comment I made attempt for the door when my back collided with the wall and once again he had trapped me, he wasn't going to let go.

He held onto me firmly before finally speaking "and what makes you say that?" He questioned with his eyebrows raised.

"We don't know each other anymore and I've changed more than most, that innocence you loved so much and tried to protect" I spoke before going up to his ear "it's gone" I finished pulling away to see his jaw clenched.

"I find that hard to believe"

"I'm a street fighter Ryder, I've been arrested and gone through a lot of shit since you saw me last, that girl you knew makes herself numb inside because it's easier than feeling pain" I spoke freely as his jaw dropped.

"What?" He questioned as he tensed up, his eyes darkening unable to take in my words "how? When did this start?"

"It just did I got into a fight two and a half years ago it was the only way to forget and considering I won with ease I kept going back"

It was true two and a half years ago me and Laney had been going for a while, it only started as watching people fight but with all my training one night I decided I needed more that to be on the side lines and I took the shot, nearly scared at the woman who they faced me with she was muscular and fearless and then there was me, sometimes I look back wondering how I did it but in the end I got her and after that Laney gave it a shot, it was like a drug and we were addicted.

"Only girls though right?" He questioned with concern now entwining his state but I hadn't and he knew it as I was silent "right?"

"No I've fought men to" releasing his worst nightmare because he always tried to protect me so hearing this fucked with him a bit.

"Aw for fuck sakes I left to protect you and in doing so you threw yourself in danger" he looked up as the tattoos covering his neck were visible and I could smell his cologne I think he affected me even more now. Oh god what's wrong with me?

Yet pushing that aside I needed to act fast what was he talking about? Maybe know I can get him to open up a little so I trailed my finger down his neck to make him look at me an emotion in his eyes of lust, anger and guilt.

"What do you mean you left to protect us?" I asked with curious pleading eyes but he was silent "please talk to me?" I pleaded, I needed to know why three years of my life became hell all down to one night.

"It's best if your brother tells you" he stated and I knew I was loosing my hold, I needed to think fast, he left me heart broken and I needed to know!

"I told you a secret now you tell me one"

He sighed looking into my eyes, he knew I needed it, that it was killing me, anything right know would do, I just needed to know "It was to do with your father" he spoke as dread came over me.

The selfish prick who left a family in dept and brought misery was still doing it, he took my family away! But how? "What? What do you mean?" I was in shock, after all these years how?

"He got into trouble that reflected on the families safety that's why we left, to protect you and keep that problem away from all of you"

In that moment a majority of the hate I felt towards them disappeared, sure I was still fucking angry but at least they had good reason.