chapter twenty

We were at Jack's bar as I carried the tray over to the table where the boys were "well hello there sexy, you seem to hot to be working in a place like this" Matthews spoke as I rolled my eyes, setting the beer down on the table one by one "go find a different conquest to fuck Matthews" I replied as he chuckled and I took the tray back to Jack before heading to sit on my stool between Ryder and Matthews but as I suspected, Ryder had moved my chair closer towards him.

"Your so fun to tease Cooper, you know that?" Matthews questioned before taking a swig of his beer as I nudged him. We were on our fifth round as we sat here drinking and talking when Ryders phone rang and he left the table to take the call.

"So you and Ryder huh?" Lucas questioned with a raised eyebrow as I took a swig of my beer. "I don't know what your talking about Carter" I replied as he stared at me, clearly not buying it and about to say something "just shut up" I spoke, cutting him off when Matthews laughed.

"Holy fuck Ash we all know you like eachother so just go for it, fuck him already and tell him how you feel" Matthews suggested as I raised my brows at him "that's rich coming from a fuck boy" I retorted as he placed his hand across his chest "I'm hurt Ash" he spoke as I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm "oh please, I think you'll get over it Matthews" I told him, my tone bored as Lucas laughed.

After a couple of seconds Ryder headed back out way "it was Blake has asking for us" he informed as he sat back down, placing his hand on my thigh and grabbing his beer in the other "we'll have one more and I'll phone Theo to see if he has anything" Matthews gestured before leaving the table.

"You'll have to bring Blake back down to the warehouse so the pair of you can see some old faces" Lucas gestured towards Ryder as he took a swig of his drink "yeah why not, when all of this blows over we'll come down to see the guys" Ryder replied as I went to move from my seat and Ryder turned in my direction "where are you going?" He questioned as I rolled my eyes "to see Matthews" I replied and he let me go.

Walking through the crowd of people I found Matthew standing in the small hallway by the door of the toilets and fire exit as he hung up on the phone a smile on his face as I approached.

"Anything?"I questioned while he placed his phone in his back pocket "the call was traced to Andrew Walsh, an old friend of your dad's" he informed me while I nodded in response "do you have an adress?" I questioned as we walked over to the bar "hey Jack can I borrow your notepad and pen for a minute?" He questioned as Jack placed his hand under the till where the shelf was before walking over to us and handing it to Matthews "thanks" he replied as Jack nodded in response and heading back to his customers while Matthews started writing, the blue ink revealing the information I needed before he tore out the page and leaned over the bar, placing the pad and pen on the shelf and handing the information to me.

"Andrew Walsh, 45 and originally from Winston, he's divorced with two boys and recovering from a gambling addiction three states away, we also found out an old fling your father was cheating with, a stripper from around here who's also divorced but get this she left him around the same time your father did a dissapearing act, took her sugar daddy for every penny he had and dissapeared, puff into thin air ...but we found her also three states away in Philadelphia, just a couple miles away from Walsh living on Jefferson street, her full adress is down there too and their phone numbers" he informed me as I huffed in disbelief, he cheated on my mother with a stripping gold digger? Honestly I'm so angry he could burn for all I care.