Prologue

March 11 2011

Dear diary....

This is my first 'diary entry' I guess you could call it. My name is Tori, I'm 15 years old, I have an brother names Jackson and I have two amazing best friends Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski.

I'm adopted. I remember my parents very well, actully. Bonnie Amelia Reed and Chad Reed. I was 7 when they died, in a car accident. I was in the car, I was the only survivor as the car filled with water. It was truly a miracle.

Jackson is adopted as well, but he never met his parents. His mother died while giving birth and his father in a car crash.

This year, today specifically, is one of my worst. My parents died this day 12 years ago. and this year haven't been the best either. Scott and Stiles have been there for me though, helping me through my worst days. And I'm extremely thankful for that. Mum and Dad really haven't been around a lot lately. With work, they travel a lot together, leaving Jackson and myself at home. I usually go to Scotts house at these times. Melissa, his mother, is always there for me-sometimes more than my own mother.

Tori looked up from her green notebook, eyes watching the trees that bordered the grave yard. To mark her place, Tori slid her pen between the two pages, shutting the book. Tori stood up from the gravestone she was leaning on, dusting the dirt of her butt. Which was a little tricky with a notebook under her arm.

She looked down at the stones, her parents graves. Tori swallowed her now thick spit, holding back the tiny tears that begged to come down like waterfalls. The thoughts that ran through Tori's mind were quickly stopped when a crunch emerged from behind her.

"Hello?!" She called out, her voice sounding waver. When no sound was to be heard, but that same deep crunch, Tori did the only thing she could think of, she ran. She ran so fast, she thought her legs would fall off. Her foot catching a rock did not help her situation. Especially when she fell, landing on all fours.

She blew the hair out of her face, looking down at the muddy dirt.

"Are you okay" a voice spoke. Tori jumped up in surprise, dusting her muddy hands on her blue jeans. A man stood in front of her, clad in black, brown hair sticking up neatly.

"Yeah, I'm fine" she swallowed, fumbling to put her hair behind her ear.

When Tori gave the man a concerted but frightened look, he spoke up. "I'm Thomas Sherwood" Thomas stood his hand out, Tori placing her hand in his and shaking it in a friendly manner.

"Tori Whittemore" Thomas nodded his head, pulling his hand away.

"I know, I go to your school. I'm in year 12" Tori nodded her head at Thomas' words, crossing her arms across her chest at the sudden shivers that washed over her olive skin.

"Really? I've never see you before" she spoke, pinching her eyebrows together.

"I was new last year, this is only my second year" Thomas smiled. Tori nodded slowly, looking down at her watch. 5:00

"Thomas it was really nice meeting you, but my mum wants me home for dinner. I gotta go, see you around" Tori walked around Thomas, turning her head to look at him when she was a few feet away. But he was gone.