DEPRESSION AND SIBLINGS

SOTC: I see fire~ Ed Shereen 

19

Tori walked on the night and wet sidewalks of her road, her converse shoes slapping into the puddles that formed in the dips of concrete. She knows that it's not the safest thing to do while Peter hale could be watching her every move, but, she didn't care. All Tori felt like doing was going for a walk.

When she previously sat in her room just 10 minutes before, it felt like she couldn't breath. She felt horrible. She didn't want to move, or change out of her clothes that were not comfy after 10 hours, she didn't want to wipe the tears from her eyes-all she wanted to do was sit there.

It's something that comes along with depression, which Tori had. Only minor-so not extreme-but it was still there. And it killed her-not physically but mentally.

Tori had pushed herself so far to actually leave her bedroom neve ins the house, so what she is doing know was a surprise for her.

Nobody was home at the Whittemore household, Jackson was wherever he was and her parents fled to Ireland after the parent/teacher interview at the begging of the school year.

Tori reached her house, walking up to the front door of her home. She glanced across the street at Isaac's house when the front door slammed shut. She watched as who she assumed who was Isaac's dad plop a smoke into his mouth-anger covering his face.

Tori furrowed her eyebrows, looking around her front porch. Her eyes landed on a small plant that sat by the doorstep. It was a simple bunch of red flowers of her mothers. The plant was only 5 dollars from the local grocery store, she barley remembered to water it so what's the point of having it.

Tori picked up the pot in her hands, walking over to Isaac's house with a smile on her face. She approached the front steps, her hair slightly damp from the light rain that fell from the clouds.

"Mr.Lahey?" She asked, reimbursing the name she had read countlessly on the mailbox in front of her home.

Mr.Lahey looked up from the concrete, seeing a girl with a bright smile and a red plant in her tan hands. "Yes?" He asked. "May I help you?"

"Yes, I would like you to give these to your son, Isaac, please" she handed Mr,Lahey the flowers, brushing her hands on her pants to free the dirty soil. "Tell him they are from Tori that lives across the street. Don't worry he knows who I am" she smiled.

Mr.Lahey nodded, placing the pot by the door step. "You're a Whittemore? And my sons friend?" he stated, chucking in disbelief.

"Yeah" Tori smiled slowly, casually looking over her shoulder to her house. "Anyway, I should probably head home. See you around" Mr.Lahey nodded, watching Tori leave the front steps of his home and over to her own. 

Once Tori was safely inside her house, and up to her room she hugged out a large breath of air. She had no idea what she was actually doing giving the Lahey's flowers, or why she all of a sudden started smiling-coming out of her previous state.

Something the doctor had stated was that sometimes to get out of her depressing state, Tori felt like she had to do something happy for someone else-no matter who they are or what they do.

"Tori?!" Jackson shouted, pulling Tori out of her thoughts. She heard his feet run up the stairs, stopping at her bedroom door.

"Yeah?" She asked softly, watching him enter the room. Jackson eyes looked around the dark room, looking for his sister. When he saw her standing by her window-he walked so fast to her. Jackson picked her up in a hug, squeezing her so tight he was sure she couldn't catch a breath. But, he still did it.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Tori asked making Jackson pull away slightly only his arms around her waist. "Why are you crying?"

Jackson didn't hide it anymore-he couldn't. The tears were falling out his eyes and down his face like sprinklers. "I thought that he-he got you" he stuttered.

"Who? Who got me-"

"Derek Hale. I thought the werewolves got you" he stated. Tori's body stiffened as she heard the word flow from Jackson's lips. She breathed in slowly.

"Jackson there is no such thing-"

"Tori, cut the crap. I know now"