The Beginning

Welcome to my second story. This will contain characters from other shows and will definitely be out of character. Hope you enjoy. This is after the season two finale, even though we don't know what will happen yet. 

Ghost-

"Hera! You can't be serious! After what that monster did to him, you still want to stay with the Rebellion?" Kanan shouted.

"Kanan, the fleet needs me," Hera said calmly crossing her arms.

"The fleet, the fleet, you know, I almost regret recommending you for that job. Ever since then you have been ignoring me and Ezra," he ground out.

Kanan didn't mean it that way but that's what came out. Hera looked hurt but quickly hid it.

"Kanan," she started.

"No Hera, you didn't have to fight him. You didn't have to watch the saber hit him, you didn't have to watch... watch the light drain from his eyes," Kanan was almost in tears by this point.

The thought of losing the one he thought of as son made his stomach churn. Watching the boy gasp for air, begging Kanan to make the pain stop and then go limp in his arms; Kanan shook his head trying to get rid of the images.

"Kanan, I know how protective you are of Ezra but think about it. If you leave, then you would have to stop Jedi training and that would crush him," Hera tried to reason.

Kanan went to respond when Commander Sato came over the line.

"Captain Syndulla I request your presence on the Liberator, immediately."

Acknowledge we will be right there," she said.

"No just you, Zeb and Sabine; I take that Kanan and Ezra are still resting," Sato said with slight hope.

"Well one of them is," Hera muttered. "Yes, Commander we will be there," Hera said formally.

"We'll finish this later, Dear," with that she walked out.

Kanan sat back against his seat totally exhausted but at the same time he couldn't sleep. The force was telling him that Ezra was still in danger and this time he would listen to it. Getting up he had a lot to do in a short amount of time.

An hour later

Kanan put the last of the supplies and his and Ezra's belongings on the Phantom. He didn't know where they were going but he knew that the force was leading him somewhere. Going back into his room his gaze softened at the teen on the bed. He winced when his body shifted but the thirteen year old was expected to make a full recovery. Carefully Kanan lifted the boy into his arms and walked into the Phantom. He quickly got Ezra situated and then fired up the engines. After disconnecting with the Ghost, Hera came up on the holovid.

"Kanan, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" She screamed slipping back into her old accent.

"I told you Hera, I am not about to lose him. I love you, goodbye," he said cutting the transmission by jumping into hyperspace.

Hera sat in the cockpit, tears streaming down her face.

"What have you done?" She asked softly.

Far, far away in another part of the galaxy

A young girl stopped a fist aimed straight for her face. Her blue eyes took one of deep focus not even seeing her brother in front of her.

She saw a young boy around her age. A man curled around him protectively. They were on a ship in fast travel. They were heading straight for Earth and would be there in two weeks time.

The girl came back to reality to find her brother waiting patiently.

"You had a vision?" He asked.

"Yep, we are about to have company." 

Hope you enjoyed. I wanted to make Ezra younger for a specific reason. Please let me know what you think.