Reunited

Here is the next part to What Keeps Us Together, I do hope you enjoy! 

Kanan POV

I was finishing up my last report when my phone pinged with a text message. Pulling it up I saw that it was from my Son.

'Meeting has been called. Heading to NCIS, be home as soon as I can.'

I replied with a K be careful and sat back in my chair. I can't believe that it has been five years since I hid us out on Earth. Things had changed so much. I sighed gazing at the few pictures on my desk. One of Ezra and I posing for the camera, one of him in his football uniform and one of him posing for his senior photo on the hood of his car. It still feels like yesterday that I left him on Lothal knowing that I would never see him again. Smiling I closed the file and decided to call it a day.

Twenty minutes later I pulled into the garage only to sense some one I hadn't in a long time. My phone dinged and the message only confirmed what I felt.

Ezra: We've been found. The Empire is not far behind.

Me: Get home, NOW!

I sighed in frustration and got out of the car. Walking inside I dropped my keys and phone onto the counter and slipped my badge from around my neck. I made sure to hold it out where it could be seen from the living room entrance and admired it. Placing it on the counter as well, I walked toward the other room.

BAM!

NPOV

The man grunted as he hit the floor.

"Where's Ezra?" A female voice demanded pointing her blaster at him.

"Really Hera? No hello or long time no see? Just Zeb hitting me?" Kanan muttered sarcastically sitting up to see his old crew.

"I won't ask again Imperail Scum," Hera growled.

"An what makes you think I'm with the Empire?" He asked.

The pilot's glare strengthened. Kanan rolled his eyes and looked down at his watch.

'3...2...1...'

"DAAAD!" His son's voice called as the teen stormed into the house.

Hera POV

I was startled to see a teen with short blue hair and big blue eyes burst through the door, panic etched on his face.

"Ez...Ezra?" I stuttered.

He quickly went over to Kanan and helped him to his feet.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine," Kanan replied. "I'm surprised you didn't bring the army."

"I'm a little sore at them so I came alone," Ezra said a little bitterly.

"Probably a good thing," Kanan said turning back to us. "So you guys found us."

Zeb and Sabine stiffened behind me and quite frankly I couldn't help but feel rage build slightly  in my chest.

Ezra POV

I sensed the tense air surrounding the rest of the crew as we looked at each.

"If you hadn't run off like you did, we wouldn't have had to," Sabine was the first to speak.

"He didn't have a choice Sab," I said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Zeb snapped.

"Why don't we sit down," Dad suggested placing a hand on my shoulder.