Betrayed

the Next Morning

Ezra POV 

I jerked awake when I felt a hand running through my hair.

"Whoa easy Son, its just me," a voice soothed.

I rolled over to see Dad sitting on my bed, hands out in a peaceful gesture.

"What time is it?" I asked groggily, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

" A little after eight," he replied. " I would have let you sleep but you have dress rehearsal in a couple of hours."

"Oh yeah," I yawned, sitting up with a stretch. "I completely forgot." 

"With everything going on I'm not surprised," Dad chuckled. "However the good news is you won't have to worry about your case until tomorrow."

I couldn't help but give him an 'are you kidding' look.

" I know, dumb choice of words," he responded with a shrug. 

I smirked slightly before letting it fall. 

NPOV 

"EJ, what is it?" Kanan asked noticing the sudden change.

Ezra sighed sitting back against his headboard. 

"I'm worried," the teen said crossing his arms. 

"About rehearsal or the case?" Kanan asked raising an eyebrow.  

Ezra looked up and studied the man in front of him before turning his gaze back to his covers. 

"Lakein, you and I have an agreement. We don't keep secrets, now what is it?" Kanan said placing a hand on the boy's shoulder. 

"I had a vision," he answered closing his eyes. 

Kanan POV 

"You what now?" I asked hoping I heard wrong. 

"I had a vision yesterday," he said still not looking up. 

"About what?" I asked getting slightly frustrated that he didn't tell me until now. 

He hasn't a vision since Trayvis and that had ended in disaster. 

"I don't know where I was but there was mass destruction. I couldn't sense the Force and I didn't know where anyone was. I couldn't breathe and it felt like something was tearing me apart. I heard this cruel voice saying that he had been searching for us. I heard you keep saying that everything was going to be alright and begging me to stay. After that, I think I died," he whispered the last part.

I quickly wrapped my arms around him. The very thought of loosing him again terrified me. 

"Shh...," I said running my hand up and down his back as he started to shake. "Remember, visions can be misinterpreted. Everything is going to be alright, you'll see."

"That's just  it, I think there is a specific reason why I had it," he mumbled against my shoulder. 

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously, pushing him back so I could see his face. 

"Didn't you notice Sabine reach up and mess with her ear every fifteen minutes or Zeb looking like he was going to kill something. Heck even Mom seemed tense and did you notice the lack of a certain metal menace? I hate to say it but I think they're with the Empire." 

Come to think of it, I haven't seen Chopper.  However, that doesn't mean Hera and the rest of the crew would work for the Empire; especially not after everything they've been through. 

"Ezra, I want to believe you, but I know Hera and there is no way she would sell out to the Empire," I said trying to convince myself more than him. 

He let out a soft sigh as his phone gave a loud chime. Reaching over, he grabbed it and after a minute he sucked in a sharp breath. 

Ezra POV 

 Maybe Dad is right. They are  just acting weird because they haven't seen us in a long time. Hearing my phone chime broke me from my thoughts. Opening it up I saw that I had a message from Mark. 

Mark: Dude just got autospy results. You are not going to believe this! The wound wasn't a  bullet. Gohan confirmed it himself. The Petty Officer died due to a lightsaber!

Me: Mark, I just woke up. If this is a joke, I'll lightsaber you!

Mark: Ha ha, very funny. Dude I'm serious. 

(I closed my eyes, sucking in a sharp breath. Without knowing it, Mark had proved my theory. )

Me: Come pick me up for practice. 

Mark: On my way. 

I groaned in frustration tossing my phone onto the bed.

"Ezra?" Dad questioned in worry. 

"We have been betrayed," I said looking up. 

"What?" Dad yelped. 

"We've been betrayed," I spat, the thought making my stomach churn. "Gohan confirmed it, a lightsaber is what killed our victim. Dad, like or not, Hera, Zeb and Sabine are Imperials." 

"Ezra think about what you are saying," Dad said jumping to his feet. "If Hera and the others were Imperials then there would be storm troopers and a inquisitor."

"Our vic was killed by a lightsaber," I repeated calmly an eyebrow raised. "That is not a coincidence." 

I watched him turn around and clench his fists as anger flowed off of him. 

"Then what do we need to do," he whispered turning to face me. 

I gave a grim smile, this was not going to end well. 

Thirty minutes later 

Hera POV 

I woke up to the smell of breakfast cooking. I kept my eyes closed and hoped that the last five years had been nothing but a dream. My family was together and whole and we still fought to free the galaxy. However when I opened my eyes I was not on the Ghost and I had my mission of destroying my two Jedi. I rolled onto my side to see Zeb propped up against the far wall, sleeping soundly. Rolling back over I saw Sabine sleeping beside me, looking more peacefully than she had in a while. 

"Sab," I said shaking her gently. "Come on, time to get up." 

Sabine blinked her eyes open and yawned. 

"What time is it?" She asked tiredly. 

"Not sure but we need to get up and get to work," I said getting out of bed. 

She nodded and got up as well. 

"Garazeb, wake up," I ordered shaking his shoulder. 

"Karabast, I was having a good dream. We were still on the Ghost and not with the Imps," he complained. 

"We all want that," I said standing. 

"We don't have a choice," Sabine said tears welling up in her eyes. 

I placed a hand on her shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze. 

"EJ! Hurry up, you're breakfast is gonna get cold!" Kanan called from somewhere in the house.

"Coming Dad!" Ezra answered as he ran pass the door.  

"Karabast, you think Kanan was telling the truth last night?" Zeb asked strapping his bo rifle to his back. 

"No way," Sabine answered. "It's probably part of their cover story." 

I sighed crossing my arms. It was hard to think that the man I loved so much would keep such a big secret from me after all these years. 

"Whether he told the truth or not, we have a job to do," I said squaring my shoulders. "Let's go." 

Sorry this took a while to write. I hope you guys enjoyed it and please let me know what ya'll think. Have a great day!