Betrayed Part Two

Happy New Year everyone!!! I do hope you guys enjoy. 

Kanan POV

Once Ezra and I came up with somewhat of a plan I went downstairs to start breakfast. After Mark arrived I filled him in on the situation.

"So let me get this straight, the people who are possibly responsible for our vic, are upstairs and we can't arrest them?" Mark asked once I was done.

"It's not one of those things where we can just arrest people and interrogate them," I told the boy, handing him his food. 

"How?" He asked still confused. "We always do that and get results."

"Because...this is not our normal go in guns blazing situation. The better we keep this quiet, the easier it will be to keep Washington out of it," I replied hoping I got my meaning across.

He sat back and thought for a moment.

"Huh, I guess you have a point," he said.

"Yes, I do. EJ hurry up! Your breakfast is going to get cold!" I called up the stairs.

"Coming Dad!" He answered.

A minute later my boy was tromping down the stairs looking less happy than before.

"Whoa, you look awful," Mark commented eyeing Ezra who gave him an evil stare.

"Hey, you're the one that asked me to come get you," Mark argued.

"That's because I don't want to drive to rehearsal," Ezra muttered sliding into the seat beside him.

"Ezra," I warned, knowing there was more to it than he was saying.

"Fine. I figured since the crew is only after us, they won't start something with a stranger here," he said turning to Mark. "Sorry buddy."

"Lakein," I groaned while face palming. "Always thinking, aren't you?"

"Learned from the best," he said throwing me a charming grin.

"That may work on the ladies Son, but not me," I remarked handing him his plate. "Just remember, I taught you that move."

Mark began to snicker resulting in a friendly punch from Ezra.

"Just eat guys," I ordered turning back to the stove.

"Kanan?"

Hera POV

Once we left the bedroom, we quietly made our way downstairs.

"Who's that?" Sabine whispered as we stopped just short of Kanan and Ezra's line of sight.

A boy, with brown hair and looked roughly Ezra's age, sat at the table laughing.

"It must be a friend," I said turing to Zeb and Sabine.

"So, what's the plan?" She asked eyeing the kid again.

"Sabine, signal the Admiral and tell him we have the targets," I sighed. "Zeb, stun them so we can do this without any problems. Leave the other kid but we need Kanan and Ezra."

"Are you sure?" He asked placing a hand on my shoulder. 

I opened my mouth to reply but nothing came out. My heart cliched with guilt seeing my boys acting like nothing was wrong. It wasn't fair for any of us. 

"Hera? You okay?" Sabine asked worry filling her tone.

I sighed before nodding my head.

"Yes, whether we like it or not, we have our orders and we must do them or...well you know."