Afterlife

Washington is replaced by a large house surrounded in flowers. It looks like an old Chinese design. The house is surrounded on all sides by mountains. "Where are we?" I ask.

"This is Afterlife." The man with no eyes says. "It's a safe place for our kind."

"Our kind?" I ask, confused.

"Inhumans." A woman says, walking up to us. "I'm Jiaying. You must be Rose." She extends a hand. I reach out and shake it, still very confused. "Come walk with me."

Tentatively, I follow her, still confused and scared.

"You must have plenty of questions." Jiaying says. I nod. "Ask away."

"What are Inhumans?" I ask first.

"Inhumans are a breed of human descended from an alien race known as the Kree. A genetic anomaly allows us to have abilities some would refer to as superpowers." Jiaying explains.

"So, you're aliens?" I ask. Jiaying laughs. "Part alien."

"Am I an-an Inhuman?" This question sets my nerves on fire.

Jiaying nods. "We believe so. It's a wonderful time to come here, too. You're about the right age to go through the Mist."

"The Mist?" I ask, worried I'm asking too many questions.

"It's a process called Terragenesis. Most Inhumans go through it when they reach a certain age. It's what gives us our abilities." Jiaying says. "Thanks to SHIELD, most of the mental training I usually give new Inhumans is already complete. With maybe a week of training, you would be eligible to go through the Mist, if you wish."

I take a few steps back,  tentative about this offer. "I know it's a lot to take in." Jiaying says. "But you're safe here, even if you choose to not go through the Mist. No one can find you here."