Chapter 19

The Coach's Daughter: chapter 19

+

Chloe's p.o.v

It's been three days. I was struggling to get off of my bed. As much as I wanted to stay in my bed and cry, I had to get up to take a shower. Today was his wake. It's open casket, so I'm gonna get to see his body. Today wasn't going to be a good day, I can already tell. I got up and took a long, and much needed shower. I got out of the shower and ventured to my closet. Lacey had picked out an outfit for me, and I don't care if I like it or not. I went into my closet and saw the outfit. It was pretty cute. It was a black dress, with a brown belt. Paired with a pair of light brown heels, and a purse. I put my hair in a waterfall braid, and put a gold flower crown on. I also put on a couple of brown bracelets to make my wrists look less plain. I picked up my makeup bag for the first time in what feels like forever. I applied dark makeup. (⬇️) (just pretend the hair is on a brunette girl)

Jacob was going with me, and he just got his license so he'll be picking me up

Jacob was going with me, and he just got his license so he'll be picking me up. (Keep in mind, they're all in 11th grade) he was picking me up in about five minutes, so I got my phone and waited outside for him. He pulled up in his parents black s.u.v. He walked up to me, and gave me a sympathetic look. He pulled me in for a hug, and I wanted to stay in that hug forever. There was something about that hug, and the feeling I got when I touched Jacob, that I was safe, and I didn't have to be sad. He opened the door for me, and I got into the front seat.

*skips car ride cuz it's boringgg*

Jacob's p.o.v

We walked into the place where the wake was held, and sadness immediately formed in Chloe's eyes. We were still at the doorstep. The casket in sight. Chloe looked at me with tears forming in her eyes. I began letting my eyes get watery as well. I took her hand and we slowly started walking to Nick's corpse. We approached the open casket, to see Nick's pale, bare body lying there, emotionless. He had a black tux on, with his hands connected, resting on his chest. Chloe started releasing sobs, staring at him, still in shock of his death. We were both left speechless. She let go of my hand, and slowly kneed down to where she could reach out and touch him if she wanted to. I stayed in my place, and watched as Chloe sobbed against her brothers casket. Her face was in her hands, when she started letting out uncontrollable sobs. She looked up to the ceiling, as if she was hoping that when she looked down, he would be alive. She looked down, and started screaming, getting startled looks from Chloe's family and friends. She stood up, and hovered over the casket. She tried to climb in, but I stopped her. She was trying with all of her might to grab him, while still screaming at the top of her lungs with continuous tears flowing from her glassy, yet beautiful blue eyes. My hands were on her waist, trying to prevent her from climbing into the casket. Her hands were gripped on the sides of the casket, while her body was practically up in the air, due to me trying to pull her away. The next I thing I know, I feel myself fall, because Chloe lost grip causing us to fly back and land on the ground. I'm sitting on the ground, crying, with Chloe curled up in my lap, still sobbing into my chest. I knew she couldn't stay any longer, so I picked her up, and her legs straddled my waist, my hands hugging her hips, with her arms around my neck, and her head buried into my shoulder. Tomorrow is his funeral, and I have a feeling that it's going to be worse than today.

A/N: Guys, I know your probably going to hate me, but I didn't post on this story on purpose😂 I wanted you guys to feel the intensity😂 but ya this chapter was really sad. I was crying while writing it. But guess what? There's only one chapter left in this book!!! I will be doing an epilogue though, so you can expect that after the last chapter😊 Love you guysss😽