Chapter 1

Lucy POV

Here we go!  Deep breaths now, nothing can stop you now.  I told myself as I stood out front of the glass doors of the ALDC.  I'm not just some creepy fan waiting outside the doors for someone famous to walk out.  No, Abby invited me to come dance on her competition team, you would know it as the one with Maddie and Chloe on it!  I was so excited, I could hardly breathe!  Abby was holding auditions and so I tried out and made it.  I was filled with excitement, but some doubts clawed at me.  What if the girls don't like me?  What if I don't dance well the first week and get Abby extremely mad?   I shook the worried thoughts out of my head.  You're going to do fine, and impress everybody.

As soon as I entered, the producer waited for me at the front desk.  He smiled at me and ushered me to the door of Studio A.

"Wait here," he whispered.  "You will hear Abby say something like, 'I have brought someone new to the team, and I would like you all to warmly welcome Lucy Dasonell' or whatever.  Then you enter, okay?"

"Got it," I said, as the what-if's flooded back into my mind. 

I listened contentedly as Abby went through pyramid.  Brooke, Paige, Nia, and Mackenzie were on the bottom and--ooh, plot twist--Maddie and Kendall in the middle whlie Chloe stands on top.  Then I hear Abby start her short speech about her auditions.  Here we go!  I was about to die, I was so nervous.  When I heard abby say my name, I opened the door and stepped into Studio A.  The room was dead silent, but for only a moment, which seemed like forever.  Everyone's face broke into a huge smile.  I let out a long breath that I didn't know I had been holding.  The girls walked over to me.  When Chloe came close, I realised just how tall she really was.  And Maddie, oh my God she's pretty. 

"Hi," Chloe said, smiling a wide smile.

"Hi," I said, not really knowing what else to say to a reality TV show star.  Maddie's smiled at me shyly.

"Come here girls! I haven't announced solos yet!"  Abby said.  Her voice was so powerful and I wondered what it would be like to be yelled at by her... so far I didn't want to know.

"You can stand by me," Chloe whispered softly.

"Thanks," I said breathlessly.  I stood in line next to Chloe and Maddie; this was heaven.

"Now Lucy, here, will be performing in the group dance," Abby said to the group.  "This is your time to show me how well you can perform on stage."  She said to me, I nodded nervously.  "There will be three solos,"  Abby paused and I imagined some dramatic music playing in the background.  Maddie smiled as though expecting something.  "Those solos will go to Chloe, Kendall and...Brooke."  Maddie's smile dissapeared.  I imediately felt bad for her.  "Brooke, it's now your time to show me that you deserve to be higher on the pyramid."  Brooke nodded stoically.  "Moms, get upstairs.  Girls start stretching!  We are working on the group!" 

The line diminished and everyone moved around the room to start stretching.  I stood in the same spot for a second, feeling really awkward not knowing where to start streching.  I didn't want to be too bold and strech next to Maddie, but I didn't want to look like a loner streching in a corner. 

Chloe motioned for me to come next to her.  I obliged.  I was so nervous about doing this, but I forced my nerves to be calm and freak out later.  You are going to rock this group dance Lucy.  I say to myself.  And Abby's gonna want you on the team forever.