Chapter 4

Lucy POV

When group rehearsals finally started, we stretched for a little while and then started to choreograph. 

"Rock rock ball change fankick, up... into arabesque.  Kendall point those feet!"  Abby hollered.  Abby made me featured in the group dance so that I could truly show her my talents.  The group this week was supposedly about a girl who is bullied my this group of girls and at first she ignores them but the bullying eventually gets worse and the girl ends up killing herself because of it.  I leaped and everyone posed while I ran to the other side of the room, knee dropped dramatically, and pretended to crawl painfully forward.  I lay there on the ground for an eight count while the girls did some other part.  I stood up in the next eight count and the girls ran over and tried to push me down, as the choreography instructed.  I fell to my knees as they did this, but then rolled to the side away from them and stood up.  I did a shanay into a capezio and landed it standing.  The girls followed suit, but rolled out of it and posed, while I went into a turn combo.  I turned out of it and rolled, laying face down onto the ground because I supposedly "died" at the end of the dance. 

"That was amazing!  I could really feel your emotion and sadness, Lucy."  Abby said to me.  Yes finally some approval!  "All of you were amazing.  And at this competition, I want this to be a winning number because I feel that its potential is big.  This dance is defiantly Nationals ready!"  Everyone was smiling widely; from their attitudes, you would think they had never gotten approval from Abby before.  "Bye, you are all done.  Go home and get good sleep.  We will be traveling for the competition tomorrow!!"  Abby said, and we all left happily.