Chapter 16

Lucy POV

On Friday night I couldn't sleep.  I couldn't stop thinking about what would happen to me if Maddie won.  She would never let me live it down and I would probably have to move away.  I sat up and banged my head against the frame of the bed softly.  Why did I have to audition?  Why did I ever have to get so hooked onto dance moms?

I heard my door creak and I jumped out of bed, holding up a book.

"Whoa, hold your fire!"  I heard my mom say, and I put down the book.

"Sorry, Mom," I said, "I'm just a little jumpy I guess."  I got back into bed and my mom sat on the side.

"I understand," She said, pushing back a strand of hair from my forehead.  "I can't sleep either."

"You can't?" I asked, completely astonished that she was the one who couldn't sleep and I was the one who had to dance at Nationals tomorrow.

"Yes, and I wanted you to know that when you go onto that stage tomorrow, you will have all of my confidence, Abby's confidence and Chloe's confidence.  But you're the one who decides whether or not you have your confidence with you too."

"Thanks mom," I said, and hugged her.  "Now go to bed before we're both to tired to muster any confidence!!!!"  She smiled and left me to my dreams.

TO BE CONTINUED