Chapter 3

Lucy POV

My mother parked the car in the studio's parking lot and said good bye when she walked upstairs to be with the other moms.  I walked into the dancer's den and saw Chloe sitting on the bench. 

"Hey Chloe!"  I said, shedding my sweat pants and sitting down next to her.  "What's up?"

"Nothing really,"  she said.  "I'm worried about you."

"Um," I said, suddenly awkward. "Uh, why?"

"Well, I feel like Abby's going to yell at you and then you're not going to want to dance here ever again."  She paused.  "I think you're really nice and a good addition to the team, and I would hate it if you left." 

"You're really sweet Chloe, but really, my previous dance teacher wasn't all that nice either."  I said, trying to comfort her and not sound cocky at the same time. 

She smiled, "Yeah, I guess they really aren't that different.  Okay, but you have to promise to stay."

"I will stay Chloe!  What could possibly cause me to leave?"  I smiled jokingly, "And about Abby and my other dance teacher being the same...my other dance teacher didn't have whale hormones."  We both cracked up.  Chloe was really nice.  I looked up and saw Paige watching us from the corner of the dancer's den.  There was a look on her face....jealousy?

Just then Chloe was called in for her solo rehearsals.  Soon, group rehearsals would start and I would be able to show everyone my stuff.  I could hardly wait.