Chapter 3

"There, done." Mom said, as she put down the curling iron onto my vanity. Mom then held up one of the small mirrors, at the back of my head, so I could see it in the main mirror.

"Wow, mom. It looks amazing." My hair was curled, more than normal, and styled, to make a beautiful updo. Mom even put a hair pin with a rose in it. "Your turn, Eliza."

I looked to my best friend, who was wearing a black, reflective dress. The dress hugged to her figure, and had quite the low cut 'v' for the neckline. She wore tights and two inch, black stilettoes. Eliza is just getting her hair curled, so she can wear the bowl hat she has to go with it- surprise, surprise, its black too.

Eliza sat down at my vanity, for mom to do her hair, while I went to the ensuite to do my make-up. I could hear mom asking if Eliza was "...sure you just want it curled?" Mom is a hairdresser, if you can't tell already.

I settled on putting on a light violet eye shadow, with a nude pink lipstick, black mascara, and matching violet eyeliner. With the eyeliner, I did a slight cat-eye thing. I walked out, having finished, just as mom was done with Eliza.

"Wow!" they both gushed, when I exited the bathroom. "You look amazing, babe, you really do!" Eliza continued to exclaim.

"You do to." I responded to Eliza. Eliza had done her make-up while my hair was being done. She went with a dark blue smokey eye, with blue eyeliner, and black lipstick and mascara. Her outfit was definitely sexy, where as I was going for innocent.

"Come here, you two." Mom said, gesturing to right beside my bed. She got her phone out, to take a pic.

"Mom, do you have too?" I asked, exasperated.

"Yup. This is your first high school party, to my knowledge, and I want to capture the moment. That, and I also want a picture of both of your hair dos', for the shop, if you don't mind." Mom replied curtly.

"Not at all, Mrs Watson." Eliza grinned into the camera. I rolled my eyes at her, before smiling into it as well.

"Perfect. Now for the hair."

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

I parked my car as close to our destination as possible: five houses down. This party must be huge, let alone the house. Cars filled the street, literally. Not to mention this was the richer side of town.

I undid my seatbelt, and exited the car. Once on the foot path, I noticed a slight incline, and was thankful I settled on sandals.

I waited for Eliza to get out of the car, after she made sure all her make-up was in order. I passed her purse to her, and we started walking to the busiest house on the street.

Once we reached the walkway to the house, I was again thankful for my sandals: there was, yet again, and incline, but this was steeper. The path was pebbles, with a stone tile in amongst them to walk on. There were cups all over the lawn, and as we made our way closer to the house, which was quite a walk, we passed a pool or two of puke. GROSS!

The music was loud, and we could already hear it, as we were walking toward the house block its self, from the car. When we walked in, the song that was playing sounded like We The Kings, and mentioned 'Juliet' and for her to run... not to mention it nearly blew my ear drums, walking in.

The smell was horrible. There was a hint of smoke in the air, not like a fire, by the way, sweat, and alcohol. I could even smell more puke. There were bodies everywhere, all cramped together in a small space. Even upstairs seemed crowded.