Chapter 13

"What's up with you this morning, girl?" Eliza asked, as she walked up to me at my locker.

"What do you mean, Eliza? I'm just being my normal self." I asked. I really was in a happy mood though.

"Well, I don't know. Maybe the fact that I saw you say hello to a bunch of other students as you walked in to the building this morning." Eliza explained.

I did... oh crap, I did. Why did I say crap? I have no clue. "And...? Is that an issue, greeting police?" I ask.

"Well, no. It is just out of character, that's all. I mean, look at you. You are positively glowing. If I didn't know you, I would question whether or not you were pregnant. You're not, are you?" Eliza asked, giving me a friendly shove.

"What, no! Have some faith in me. You know I have never had a boyfriend in my life. Remember, I am an all-round virgin?" I said, staring at her.

"Oh, right, I forgot. Pity, there are some things in life you should have experienced by this age. And if you are, as you say, an all-round virgin, that's means you have never..." I cut Eliza off before she could continue.

"Eliza, don't you dare finish that sentence." I said, deadpanning her.

"What, all I was going to say, it means you have never seen the sun rise on the morning. I mean, it is a stunning sight." She giggled at what she had done.

I smiled wide when she said that, remembering how Sam had me sit down in the middle of the road to watch it rise.

"You did, didn't you?" Eliza said, or more so screeched.

"What did I do this time?"

"You saw the sun rise this morning, I can tell. That is why it seems you are glowing. I mean, I am amazed at the fact you were actually up early enough to see it."

"Yeah, well. I saw it on my run this morning."

"You went on a run this morning?" Eliza squealed.

I was about to explain, when the bell went. "I will tell you in third period hell. Till then, girl." I waved her off.

"If you must make me wait that long, biotch." Eliza said over her shoulder. Her face going from an unpleased lip twitch, to a joking smile. I laughed at her.

\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//

My good mood slowly diminished over the next two periods.

For a start, I have a spare second. Normally, I enjoy this spare, but not today. Hmm, why, you may ask? Well, it just so happens that this morning Geoff, Steve, and Mark all either ditched or had a spare. I would go with the former.

Here I was, minding my own business, in one of the nooks at the back of the library, when they barged in. See, my nook is hidden among the last section of shelves. But there is a gap ten shelf units away. Within there, is the back lot of tables. That would be where these boys sat. I could only see parts of them, and I was a hundred percent sure they could not see me where I was. Fun!

"So, there is a big party being thrown not this weekend, but next. It's being held at Brad's Uncle Sam's place. Apparently he has quite the house. I also here he has a step daughter that goes here. I've heard she is quite the looker, but I have no clue the year she is in." Someone, Steve I think, said.

Uh oh. They are talking about the 'after' party again. God, don't these boys ever have something better to talk about, other than parties and hotties. Wait, apparently I was the girl they were talking about.

"Yeah, I heard about her too. I think she is in either our year, or Mark's." Geoff, it was definitely Geoff saying this. "Do you know anything about her, Mark?"

"Huh, wah? I was dozing off. Can you guys ever talk about stuff other than sport and parties?" Mark grumbled sleepily. My thoughts too.

"We do. We talk about hot chicks too. Which is what Geoff was asking you about. You don't happen to know about who Brad's uncle's step daughter is, do you? She goes here apparently." Ugh, really. Mark better not say he does, or I will slaughter him, or worse, castrate him. All guys care about is down there, right?

"Umm, no, I don't think so." Oh thank god.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I got it out, and unlocked it. I had a text from an unknown. With caution, not that it would help, I opened the text.

Them: I didn't tell them our little secret. You are safe to come out.

What? Last time I checked, I had Geoff's number saved in my phone, because of Eliza. And I don't think he has ever met Sam as my step dad, so it's not from him. Steve doesn't, shouldn't know anything about my personal life, and he probably would have blurted it out.

Me: How did you get my number?

Them: What, no thank you, you know, for not blurting out your secret. I mean, I assume it is a secret. Now you can come out of your hiding spot.

Me: No, I will not. Anyway, I am not hiding, I always sit here, Mark!

Them (Mark?): Now, what makes you think I am Mark?

Me: Oh, I don't know. Maybe the fact that it popped up as an unknown number, and I have Geoff's number saved thanks to Eliza. And Steve, if, and I mean if, Steve knew about Sam being my step dad, he would have just blurted it out, I am sure of it. Now answer my first question, how did you get my number?

Mark (I am certain): Fine, you were right. Yes, I am Mark (I told you it was him). I got your number off of, uhh, Geoff.

Me: Wait... what? Why did he give you my number? Like seriously, why?

Mark: Oh, I, uhhh, I asked for it...

Me: Why did you ask Geoff, not me?

Me: Hello? Mark, are you there?

Me: Mark answer me! Fine, ignore me, whatever.

That's when the bell went, thankfully. I put my books away, and got up. Surprise, surprise, the boys were still packing up. For the second time to Geoff and Steve, and the first time to Mark, I said something to them over my shoulder.

"Creeps!"

The faces of Geoff and Steve were, like last time, priceless. Mark on the other hand had a knowing smirk, before he glanced at his phone.

My phone vibrated. I pulled it out, and loan behold, it was Mark.

Creepy dude I don't like (Yes that is what I made his contact on my phone): You are pretty original, and extremely beautiful.

Queue eye roll.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\ 

A/N

UPDATE!!!

What do you guys enjoy about this story so far? I mean, if you could comment as you go, it would be an incredibly awesome thing!!!

So, I'm working on chapter 32 at the moment (I know, I have a lot of chapters written already, and I think, I really think that I am approaching the end. At the moment it looks like it will be over 40 altogether), having initially thought it was 31. See, it turns out, on my word document, I had stuffed up the chapter numbers. I was in the midst of copying this chapter, only to see 'Chapter 13' pop up again!!! So I had to go and re-number all the chapters following! UGH annoying!

I haven't really got anything to say now. I hope you like where this seems to be headed, I do, a little. If you haven't listened to the soundtrack, go and check the links in my bio, theres one for Spotify and YouTube.

I'll see you in another 7-10 days! E> Blabsie <3