Chapter 27

The sun feels nice on my face, making me feel calm and tranquil. The sky is so clear, and blue, it really makes me think. The sky is one of the key things on this planet, it has its good days, and bad days, with everything in between. Yet every day, it stays there. The sky seems so un-complicated, the exact opposite of the life below it.

I roll over from laying on my back, to laying on my stomach. I pick up my book, sitting up with my elbows, for comfort. I start reading it out loud, and things seem to change all around me, as though I was a Silver-tongue from Inkheart, though I knew that the things weren't really appearing.

As I read, a battle for a girls' heart was fought, all around me. There were two guys, fighting to be with her, both claiming that they love and care for her more than the other. It was one of my favourite stories to read, I knew the characters back to front. It was set up like an old fairy-tale, but in a modern setting. Instead of a princess, the fair lady was represented as the head cheer leader. Instead of two knights jousting for her heart, representing different families, it was two footballers, from opposing teams, having a grudge match, with the winner getting to take her out.

There was something off about the story, but I kept reading. The events occurring, while they seem extremely familiar, they certainly were not from the book. I stopped reading when I reached a name, but not just any name, his name...

"Hey." A voice said, as someone walked out from behind the tree. Looking at him, my heart almost leapt out of my chest. "Why'd you stop reading? You were at the best bit." He said.

I looked back at the book in my hands, where my finger sat under his name. I scanned the page further, to find another name that didn't belong.

"Mark." A new voice declared the arrival of another person, but not any person, Austin. "Take a step back from her, if you wish to see tomorrow." He said, malice dripping from his voice, in big generous drops.

"Make me, Austin." Mark said, taking a seat next to me. I sat up properly now. "Hey baby girl, how are you?" Mark whispered in a soft, silky voice, as he put his arm around my shoulder. I felt a shiver of pleasure run down my spine, as Mark pulled me into his side, kissing my hair.

"Let. Her. GO!" Austin roared, his hands balled into fists by his side. Austin looked furious, he had a vein on the side of his head pulsing, as his anger increased. I watched speechlessly, as his chest rose rapidly, and defeated much the same. I looked at his bulging biceps, which were on full display in the wife-beater of his. "NOW MARK!" He yelled, before taking big strides forward, five in total, to reach Mark and I.

Mark pulled me onto his lap now, making Austin even angrier, pissed even. "Now Austin, why ever would I want to let her go? You had a shot, and missed the target. Now I have taken aim, pulled the trigger, and here I am, right on target." I turned my head around to look at Mark's face; he had the biggest smirk on his face. Noticing my gaze, he moved his eyes from Austin to me. "Like what you see, Sarah." Mark followed his remark with a kiss to my forehead.

Austin knelt down in front of us, and picked up my hand. "Sarah, please hear me out. I love you, and I know you so well. I know you would never go out with a prick like him, so why do you let him do what he wants with you? You will only end up hurt. Please Girly, come away with me, and show me that you want me over him.

I didn't say anything. I honestly had no clue what to do in the situation.

Austin took my silence as a no. "If you wish, Sarah. I will leave you alone with him. If he hurts you, don't expect me to be there for you. I warned you Girly."

I decided to speak up, as Austin walked off. I tried to speak, but I couldn't get anything out. I knew exactly what to say, but the sound never came.

"I love you..." I said, sitting upright in my bed. I put a hand to my cheeks; they were both hot and wet. I felt more tears run down my face, as I go over what had happened in my dream. I have never had one quite like that before. Why does it have to be Mark? Why must I go through all this stuff? My brain clearly hates me.

Having seen that it was already five thirty in the morning, I walk over to my dressing table, switch in the desk lamp, and have a look in my mirror. My face is bright red, my eyes are gleaming with sadness and something undecipherable. My cheeks and eyes looked swollen and puffy. I looked down in shame, until my eyes caught on a scrunched up ball of paper. I un-scrunched it, to find Austin's number. I slid it into the side of my mirror, before heading into my bathroom.

I felt better rather quickly, having splashed my face with cold water. I could even see the difference. After a minuet, I left my bedroom, and went down stairs. As I hoped, Sam was already up.

"Are we able to do a session this morning?" I ask him, while he adds powder to the concoction in the blender.

He didn't even have to think about it. "Of course we can, Sarah. It was kind of hinted it became as regular a thing as possible. Meet me in the shed in five. Want a shake?" He asked, as he started blitzing his drink.

Nodding, I replied. "Surprise me with the flavour."

By the time I was half way up the stairs, he shouted "Your funeral!" I chuckled all the way to my door.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

I saw my sweat drip down onto the concrete, as I bent over, catching my breath. Sam and I had jogged all the way to my school. I told him I didn't want to on a weekday, he told me there wouldn't be anyone there yet. Well, Sam was wrong. Because there is a big track meet coming up, the track team train early in the morning, on campus.

Sam started laughing. "Sam...? What on earth do you find funny right now?" I felt like strangling him, to get him to stop laughing.

"Oh, it's nothing. It's just that at the rate you're going, you could become one of them." Sam said, gesturing to the team over his shoulder.

"Sam, hell to the no. I am not going anywhere near a sports team, much less track."

"Let's go over and see coach, see what he says about getting you on the team ASAP." It was as though my words were going in through one ear, and straight out the other.

"SAM! GET BACK HERE!" I yell, as I start running to catch up to him, before he reaches the oval. All I heard from him was his cackling laughter. He was going to get it when we get home.

\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//

A/N

Short chapter (by my standards) I know. And seeing as I've been writing this since November, 2015, I'm glad that I've almost made it to a point I'm happy to end it with.

No, that is not anytime soon.

But the chapters are getting longer, because in the time I've taken to write what I have (19 MONTHS), I feel that writing wise, I've learnt a lot. I hope to write the ending to this story by November, so that I can focus on my other novels. I have so many other ideas I wish to work with, that I've started, but this is my priority, and I've come too far (34 chapters/65234 words) to just stop, to give up. I will end this, and I will be happy with it.

I am, however, intending to upload a short story, that I wrote for my English exam a few weeks ago. It's polished, because my whole class were able to rewrite the exams, to get the best results we could.

If you enjoy this story, it would mean so much to me, if you voted, shared, and commented what you think. I love interacting with the few readers I have, and I take on your ideas, and where you want this to go.

So show me some love,

until next time,

~Blabsie

P.S, I've updated my profile, so go check it out if you want