Chapter 29

<<<<Mark's POV>>>>

Sarah and I sat opposite each other, at the most hidden away tables in the library. Hell, if it weren't for Sarah, I don't think I would have ever even known they were here. I just told Sarah about why I felt so angry toward Austin at the party. Sarah didn't even act surprised when I told her about how Austin and I have a history. She is yet to tell me how he even ended up there in the first place, considering he lives in the next state over.

Sarah seemed absent, as I waited for a response.

"Sarah..." I started.

"Mark, why did you bring me here to tell me stuff I already knew?" She seemed rather annoyed.

"What do you mean you already knew?" She looked up at me, as though I was one of the biggest idiots on the planet.

"How else? Austin told me." Sarah made a sound of disgust.

"I still don't understand why he was there. He lives in another state, and he tells you something that has nothing to do with you, and you're defending him? Why, Sarah? You don't seem to have any idea as to who Austin is. He is a miscreant, who deserves far worse than a simple warning after assaulting Alyssa and I. How is it you believe someone so easily?" Sarah must be gullible. She clearly fell for his looks and charm.

"You clearly don't know Austin, or me for that matter. Alyssa was the one who made a move on Austin, not the other way around. You are the one who started the fight, Austin was only defending himself. You are the miscreant that got off too lightly."

"Sarah, you have it all wrong..." I started, but she cut me off.

"No, Mark, you have it all wrong. You think you can judge someone by a simple incident? Because that is wrong to do so. I have known Austin far longer than you. We were diaper buddies and everything. We were so close, that people thought we were siblings. Austin is a really amazing guy. You however, Mark, are one of the biggest jerks I know!" She said with a huff, and went to get up.

"Sarah, wait, what do you mean you two were diaper buddies?"

"Just that, you idiot. We grew up, and were raised together." She sat back down, shaking her head.

"But how? He lives in the next state, and you live here." Sarah was a confusing girl.

"How? HOW! How else! What, did you think I've lived here my whole life? I live with my mom and freaking step-dad! I used to live in the exact same town as Austin. I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. I only moved here the summer before I started my Freshman year." She got up, just as the bell signalling the end of lunch rang. "I don't understand how you can be so popular, when you act like such as jerk. You have no right to treat my dear childhood friend like that. So please, leave me alone from now on." With that, Sarah turned and left.

Walking to class, the only thing I could think of was Sarah Watson. The way she behaves, the way she talks, but most of all, the way she looks. Her face seemed burned into my mind. But why her? Up until recently, I had only ever seen her in the hall ways, or following Eliza. I hadn't even spoken to her until the other week. Sarah clearly isn't like other girls. She doesn't start staring at me when I get near her, she doesn't seem to get nervous around me. It's almost as though she is immune to my charm.

But I know that I can make her see me differently. She may hate me now, but it won't be long until she sees my good side. I'll make her see that I am a good guy. I will talk to her, befriend her. There's just something about her that makes me want her so much. She just isn't like any other girl. Sarah seems so unique and amazing, wonderful and kind. I want, no I need to get to know her.