Chapter 14

Three days before the party.

It is so close to the party, I have been waking up with butterflies and dragons nesting in my stomach. Not to mention I now have a different reoccurring dream, and it is still staring him. Will I ever get over him?

Oh, and not to mention, I think Sam and Jane have been conspiring. I overheard him saying goodbye to Jane on the phone, just ten minutes after my session.

Eliza has already picked out and bought me a dress, much to my disgust. I had already chosen myself a dress, bloody her. I chose a nice dress that flatters what figure I do have, without showing too much skin, but I have no clue what the dress Eliza chose for me is like. I tend to not like Eliza's taste in dresses... Slutty is a word used to describe it often.

Two days before the party.

The country club actually had a nice set up. Sam, Jane, Brad and I have been setting it up since school ended about three and a half hours ago. We are heading back now, though, and will continue before the party tomorrow.

But the worst thing about setting up today is Brad. Until today he had never realised I was Sam's step daughter. So lunch today had been a bit weird for me.

See, I had to eat with Eliza at Mark's table, again. And all I heard was Brad and his mates talking about how he was having to go to the country club to set up the first party, and the only good thing would be working with the 'hot step daughter' and how he would 'try his luck' with her, i.e me. Obviously at the time, he was unaware it was me. Eliza kept 'subtly' nudging me about what they were on about. For some reason, though, it seemed Mark was getting frustrated. Then again, if I think back to the other day in the library, I remembered that he is not into always talking about parties and girls.

Mark had eventually spoken up to Brad. "Brad, she is basically your cousin. Wouldn't it be seen as incest and or taboo, to be hitting on her?" Mark stated.

Eww, he had to bring up the 'I' word.

So, when we got picked up by Sam from school, Brad was a little shocked to see me in the front seat. It is my seat, so he can suck it. So, here I was, sitting in Sam's car reading some fan fic, when Sam and Brad got to the car, as Sam had to go find Brad. Brad's face was priceless though. I even got a photo. I am so evil sometimes.

At least he finally knows I am his cousin, kind of, technically, as I do know too.

Three hours before country club party, six before scheduled after party.

"Now, let's start reading from the chapter." Mr Klutz bellowed from the front. Today, I sat up back of class, thanks to Brad. "Sarah, can you please read the paragraph 'Why this is important to know?' aloud to the class?"

"Yes Mr Klutz." I said, smiling sweetly at him, though I was sure he could tell by my eyes, it was a sarcastic smile.

While I was reading the paragraph, a crumpled ball of paper landed on my desk. Lucky I soon finished reading. "Thank you Sarah. Now Sean Scott, can you read..." I zoned out when he stopped talking directly to me.

I stared at the ball of paper atop of my desk, before picking it up. I unfolded it, and smoothed it up as best I could. The writing was messy, but I managed to read it.

We should have skipped this class altogether, you know. We are about to leave so we can finish setting up, as I am sure you are aware. I think one of us should pretend to need to go to the nurses' office, while the other accompanies, what do you think?

-B

Okay, so Brad did not have the best hand writing, that was evident. I was about to reply, when the class was disrupted, and no, not by Brad making a scene to go to the 'nurses' office', but by the lady from the office.

Mr Klutz spoke to her a moment, before bellowing. "Ms Watson and Mr Williams, I need you two to step out of class now. Take your stuff and go!" He yelled, not that he really needed too.

As Brad and I collected our stuff, to leave, there was a chorus of cat calls and wolf whistles. We walked up to the front, and as we went, Brad, thankfully, kept his mouth shut.

\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//

"Ugh, how much more do we have to do?!" Brad grumbled, frustrated. Brad and I were setting up the last of the lights. Sam and Jane were somewhere else, I think one was making sure the food is going to plan, and the other is going over the final guest list.

I was about to respond to Brad, saying how I have done nearly twice as much work as he has today, when Sam came in. "Oh, don't complain Brad. Don't think I haven't noticed how Sarah has been doing more work than you. Pull yourself together, and finish it off. We need to go get ready soon. Sarah, it's time for you to go, remember you mom doesn't even know about the party. Brad, you have to do the last little bit on your own." Sam said, before walking out again.

Finally, I can go and leave Brad to be lazy on his own.

Ten minutes till country club party, three hours ten till scheduled after party.

"Well, how do I look?" Mom asked, as she stepped down from the last step on the stairs.

I motioned for her to do a swirl. "You look amazing in that dress, mom. It is going to be a great night."

"Yeah, well. It caught me off guard, this party. Besides, I don't even remember when I bought this dress." Mom said, slightly embarrassed. "You look good too honey, as do you Eliza." Mom gushed over us.

Mom was wearing a full length, strapless, ball gown, made of a deep red satin. It flowed out at the bottom mermaid style. Mom and I paired it with matte black stilettos. Not that mom realises, considering I covered it up with a lie, but Sam and I bought the dress just for this. It goes with what Sam is wearing, not that mom knows that.

Me, well I am a baby blue, polka dot dress, with a modest neckline, and it comes down to mid-thigh. It has a vintage style, paired with a pair of white Mary Jane heels. For the second time recently, I am not disgusted by Eliza's choice in dress for me. It really works for the setting if the party. But Eliza had to get me another dress for the after party.

Eliza's dress is pretty too. She is wearing a two tone, lily pink dress, which comes down to just below the knee. It has a tutu style skirt. It, too, has a sweet heart neckline. Eliza is wearing dark pink, high wedges.

"Well, it's time we head off. Come on." Eliza motioned us out the door.

"Yes boss!" I mock-saluted Eliza. She sniggered at my comment.

We all headed outside to the car, for what was sure to be an amazing night.

I locked the door, and put the key under the mat, as Sam had organised for some people to come and prepare the house for the after party, including putting away breakables, and locking bedrooms, and setting up the kegs and bar

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

A/N hiya people. Chapter 14 is here. It's party time, almost. What do you guys think will happen at the parties? Anything interesting, perhaps...?

MWAHAHA!

Hopefully you guys will enjoy the next few chapters. I rather like some of the upcoming scenes. They were sooooo fun to write!

Until next update, read on, my lovelies, especially you, Honey!

-Blabsie