Chapter 4

"WHY! Why did I have to drink that last drink? You were supposed to be making sure I didn't drink too much." Eliza slurred at me.

"Well..." I was interrupted in my answer by yet more puking, coming from the glorious Eliza Delany. Just charming. "Fabulous."

We were holed up in one of the many bathrooms in this house, with me holding back her hair, as she was bent over a toilet seat. It looks like little Miss Eliza had a few too many drinks.

"I think we should try to head back to mine. I'm sure mom has some ibuprofen or something that you can take, if you can keep it down. Come on, I will help you." I said to her, after yet more puking.

I started by taking off her stilettoes, and putting her flats on her feet, she packed just in case. I carefully grabbed her hand, and pulled her up slowly and gently. I steadied her, and waited, before moving, to make sure she wasn't going to hurl... again.

"You good?" I asked softly, as I passed her the water bottle Geoff oh so kindly got for her.

"Yeah..." Yup, more puke. At least she had good aim. "I am ABSOULUSTLY FABULOUSE." She said to me... followed by more puke.

"Come on, have some more, as we walk. We will take it slow okay?" Eliza nodded slightly in answer.

We walked slowly out of the bathroom, and I had Geoff help me walk her down the stairs and outside, back to my car. I mean, he was right outside the bathroom.

Eliza had to puke, basically as soon as we stepped off the porch. So yet again, I held back her hair, while Geoff ran back inside, to grab a bucket for her, for in my car. Thank god, lets' just hope she got it in the bucket, while in my car.

Once Geoff came back outside with a bucket, we went back to supporting Eliza as she walked down the hill. She kept muttering how "thankful I am I remembered to bring flats." I was too, as I could not imagine doing this, downhill, with her in two inch heels.

We eventually got back to the car, thankfully without any more puke. It just took five minutes longer than earlier.

"You fine driving her?" Geoff asked, concerned.

"Well, yeah. I had nothing to drink." I said, as I hoped in my car, after buckling in Miss Tipsy.

"Yeah, of course."

I closed my door, and turned on the engine. The drive home was quiet and uneventful. I had my smooth jazz disc playing softly, to fill in the back ground, but not to aggravate Eliza's' pounding headache, I was sure she would have.

Eliza seemed a little better, as we pulled up to my house. It took some effort on my behalf, but I eventually got her inside, and upstairs to my room. At least she was still semi-conscious. I got her some tablets and a glass of water from the kitchen, while mom kindly helped her out of her dress, and into comfy clothes.

I brought the tablets and drink back up to my room, and as I went to the door, I could hear soft talking from the other side. I walked in, and saw my mom reading to Eliza, who was tucked into my double bed, a fairy-tale. I only had the book for sentimental purposes, and to hopefully pass on to future children if mine. The book was an old hardcover of Rapunzel. I love... I mean, loved Rapunzel growing up.

I had to chuckle. Mom hasn't had to read aloud to anyone in years. So to see her reading to Eliza like this, was actually kind of funny. Mom looked up at me with a cheeky grin, when I chuckled, but Eliza didn't seem to notice.

"...So, the prince called up to her, saying 'Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair, so I may climb it, to see you, my fair dame.' So Rapunzel gathered her hair, and threw it over. The prince climbed up, and over Rapunzel's balcony. The prince and Rapunzel shared a gaze, before she shoved him over the edge. And Rapunzel lived happily ever after, as a proud feminist." Okay, so mom has a tendency to change the ending of stories like that.

I remember mom reading me stories such as Rapunzel, every single night of the week, so a different story each week. But the thing being that each night mom read to me, the ending was always different. One night, it would be the original ending, the next she is actually the evil queen, with the real Rapunzel having ran off with a girl many a year ago.

Eliza seemed to have enjoyed mom's particular ending tonight, for she was clapping and laughing with glee... I think.

"Ahh, yes. The classic story of Rapunzel: the first feminist." I said to mom, while patting her on the back.

Mom chuckled at me. "Yup, such a classic story, isn't it, Eliza?" Mom directed her question away from me.

"Ooohhh, my turn to talk?" Eliza asked, pointing at herself. Mom nodded. "Well, Rapunzel is a classic fairy-tale from... the Roman Empire. Rapunzel is based around a dog!" Eliza squealed like a little girl, then laughed quite loud. "No, that sounds wrong. Umm, but, uh, but Rapunzel is definitely a classic." Eliza grinned.

"Well, I think that's enough talking time for the night, Eliza. I think we should let my mom go to bed, as should we." I pretended to chastise Eliza. Mom yawned, after I said that, adding to the effect.

"Oh, sorry ma'am. Goodnight, I hope you have a magnificent sleep." Eliza waved to my mom, with a silly grin upon her face.

'Oh, I hope so too." Mom yawned again. "You have a good sleep to." Mom said in a sleepy tone.

I hugged mom, and kissed her goodnight, before pulling out the trundle bed, from under my double bed. I set it up, before going and doing my nightly routine: anti-pimple face mask, hair, teeth, deodorant.

I shut off my light, but left the night light on, for my little kid of a best friend, Eliza. I also remembered to close the blinds for her sake in the morning.

I curled up on the trundle, bed, and fell asleep almost immediately.