Chapter 13- What Are You, A Vampire?

“This is just so beautiful and magical and just so lovely,” Clark gushes the following morning as we arrive at school.

“I agree, it is a very beautiful and very magical thing,” I agree with a small chuckle as the two of us walk through the senior lot.

“So, is he a good kisser, then? What am I saying? He’s Mason Carter, of course he’s a good kisser,” Clark says, shaking his head.

“He’s better than good, actually,” I correct her with a soft giggle as we walk through the bus lane and up the stairs to front doors that lead into the main entrance of the school building.

After my and Mason’s first two extremely awkward kisses, there was a lot more and they were a lot nicer. Not that the first two weren’t nice, they were just pretty awkward. I guess the third time really is a charm. And fourth and fifth and sixth and…well, you get where I’m going with this. We kissed a lot yesterday while I was ‘working’.

“He’s an amazing kisser. Actually, no, he’s better than amazing. I think an accurate way of explaining it would be to describe it as taking ‘amazing’ and multiplying it by like, four thousand and then you’d have the equivalent of Mason’s kissing skills,” I inform my best friend.

“I’m just so happy for you!” Clark squeals, clapping her hands in excitement and jumping up and down with a smile on her face.

At least one of my two best friends is happy for me. That’s more than I can say for Holland, after all. Ever since last night after work when I was on the phone with Clark, when I happen to let it slip that Mason had asked me out a few hours prior, Clark’s been like, bubbling with happiness over the new relationship. I think she’s just happy because she was the one who put the idea in my head that Mason liked me in the first place.

We rode to school this morning, Clark and I did so we could stop in at Starbucks and eat breakfast before school, which is something the three of us—  Clark, Holland and myself—  occasionally do. Obviously though, Holland wasn’t invited this time. So, in the car, Clark wanted to hear the entire story from start to finish because she just thinks it’s adorable, which, it is, I have to admit.  

Anyway, back to Holland. She doesn’t know, at least, I’m assuming she doesn’t know. I didn’t tell her and Clark promised that she wouldn’t, because we both know what that would entail. I mean, Holland is angry with me right now just for being Mason’s friend, so I’m not going to be the one to tell her that we’re actually dating now. She’s my friend and I love her and all but Mason Carter is like, her life, which is so stupid since she doesn’t even know the guy. That’s just how her brain works though and before I talk to her again, she’s going to have to calm down or at the very least, apologize.

Speaking of my so-called best friend, I haven’t seen her all morning. Then again, I guess that that does makes sense though because she usually gets to school with just enough time to make it to her locker and class before the tardy bell rings. Today’s Thursday and that’s just wonderful because that means the weekend is close for which I’m thankful, because I’m so tired of dealing with school and dramatic idiots—  Holland and that Sally girl from the school newspaper.

The tragic thing about it being Thursday though is that it’s an ‘A’ day today. Normally, I love ‘A’ days, just not today because I have most of my classes with Holland. I have one with Clark too, but two of the four classes today with Holland and I’m already knowing that it’s going to just be bad and not fun at all. I guess I could skip again today but then they’d call my mother and tell her that I’m not in class and she’d yell at me until I was in tears. Literally. I know that my mother loves me an all, but she’s an attorney—  niceness and sympathy isn’t exactly her area of expertise.